• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 DAC And streaming Hi Res Files Qobuz

SOULKAT

44.1 PCM is all my Topping E30 DAC displays running through my MAC MINI when i play higher rated files from Qobuz
24-Bit / up to 192KHz and
24-Bit / up tp 96KHz and
CD 16-Bit /44.1 KHz
Is there something i am not doing as it should Maybe
192KHz
96KHz
Or does the Mac Mini limit the output on music files to CD Quality CD 16-Bit / 44.1 KHz or PCM
I am Confused as that was why i wanted the digital display but no matter what Hi Res file i choose it only says 44.1PCM on my Dac

Thank's Dan

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
44.1 PCM is all my Topping E30 DAC displays running through my MAC MINI when i play higher rated files from Qobuz
24-Bit / up to 192KHz and
24-Bit / up tp 96KHz and
CD 16-Bit /44.1 KHz
Is there something i am not doing as it should Maybe
192KHz
96KHz
Or does the Mac Mini limit the output on music files to CD Quality CD 16-Bit / 44.1 KHz or PCM
I am Confused as that was why i wanted the digital display but no matter what Hi Res file i choose it only says 44.1PCM on my Dac

Thank's Dan
Welcome Aboard @SOULKAT.

RosalieTheDog

Hi

On PC you are supposed to use exclusive mode in the output setting, so the stream doesn't go through windows OS. I couldn't find if this option exists for the Qobuz app on Mac. I suspect the issue is with the Mac OS/Qobuz app not the Dac.

OP
SOULKAT

SOULKAT

I have just done the above and it changes the rate on the dac { Finder /Go / Utilities / Audio Midi setup / Audio and Bit rate But do i have to change these settings every time i play a different rate File or do just select the 196HKz on the mac and the Qobuz ??
Sorry for late reply but i have been playing with the settings { Bye the way i am only tethering from my phone and on the higher rates the music stops I think i may need Propper Wired wi fi }

I don't have Wi Fi Only Tethering from my phone for all my internet needs and it works fine 95% of the time

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Are you using the web player or the Mac app? The latter should work fine if I remember correctly.

OP
SOULKAT

SOULKAT

Wow We've Done it i downloaded the Qobuz App { Instead of the Web Player } for Mac Selected E30 Dac in the app and now whatever file i play it changes on the Topping E30 DAC & Even with tethering It plays all size files with no breaks { A speed test while Tethering says a healthy Write speed 41.3 and Read speed is 37.0​
Thanks you gave me kick up the What's it to get this done I can not believe i have got it done within the space of 3 hours Total​
BRILLIANT THANKS DAN​
Are you using the web player or the Mac app? The latter should work fine if I remember correctly.

I’m using the app and I’ve done the rest and it works great now thanks
Except when I play any tracks in pine player I have the same old problem and when I open hi res files in audasity it plays but I can’t hear a thing ?? Very strange any help
Thanks Dan

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Except when I play any tracks in pine player I have the same old problem and when I open hi res files in audasity it plays but I can’t hear a thing ?? Very strange any help
Thanks Dan

That’s because they play though the OS mixer and do not have exclusive access to the sound hardware. If there are no settings to change this, you’re out of luck.

OP
SOULKAT

SOULKAT

I will try a few things before i give up on Audasity & Pine Player but would Audirvana+ Work maybe or Bit Perfect ?? or a Digital Audio Player ? for Mac

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, Audirvana will do it, but why part with the money? Roon can also do it, also is not free. You could try Foobar for Mac.

OP
SOULKAT

SOULKAT

I will look into footbar for mac Thanks and yes the cheaper the better Thanks
I have only got 10.12.6 Mac OS 2011 Mac Mini Sierra as it may need Mac OS 10.11 "El Capitan" ???

Decibel seems to work great but no DSD 128 & 256 files played Tried the 48 hour free trial but its only $33 To Buy £23.36 UK Price
https://sites.fastspring.com/sbooth/product/decibel
It looks very basic but hey it does the job ?? On 192 and Below

Last edited:

TheHighContemplator

I'm having the same issue running an E30 off my Acer Helios 300 with Linux Mint. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm using the DeadBeef music player.

Top Bottom