• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 and Aune X1s Pro, no sound in my active speakers

JohanE

Hello!
Had my Aune X1s Pro for a long time now and wanted to buy an external DAC to it.
The choice landed on a Topping E30. Been driving my active speakers from the line out on my Aune and a USB cable from the computer to the Aune.
No problems at all.
Just got my E30, unboxed it and plugged it in.
USB cable from computer to E30.
E30 to line in on my Aune.
I get sound through the headphones from the Aune but no sound in my active speakers. What did I do wrong? :)

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
Hello!
Had my Aune X1s Pro for a long time now and wanted to buy an external DAC to it.
The choice landed on a Topping E30. Been driving my active speakers from the line out on my Aune and a USB cable from the computer to the Aune.
No problems at all.
Just got my E30, unboxed it and plugged it in.
USB cable from computer to E30.
E30 to line in on my Aune.
I get sound through the headphones from the Aune but no sound in my active speakers. What did I do wrong? :)
What i remember from the X1s (non pro version) years ago the line in is only meant to provide a signal for the headphone amp on the X1s.

OP
J

JohanE

What i remember from the X1s (non pro version) years ago the line in is only meant to provide a signal for the headphone amp on the X1s.

I think it may be the same with the Pro version....ah well grew tired of trying so just, 3 minutes ago, ordered a Topping L30 headphoneamp to go with the E30.
Will have to wait for it to ship from France to Sweden.

OP
J

JohanE

Top Bottom