• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping dx7s+topping a90 vs topping dx5

111fw

Hi all. I already have topping dx7s and currently pairing it with hifiman sundara and audio technica r70x. The current issue that i have is the headphone amp output impendance in dx7s is really high (10ohm), so i can't use my iem, avoiding to destroy it. I want to upgrade to the new topping dx5, but it doesn't have balanced amp (only balanced dac). Should i buy topping dx5 or still use the dx7s for dac and buy topping a90(old version) instead? The price of topping dx5 and a90 is roughly the same in my country. I'm planning to buy hifiman arya in the future. Does the topping dx5 capable to drive it? Thanks

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I took the Arya for a spin last night. With the JDS Atom it was at the end of high gain, sounded good but no headroom left. The A90 with xlr cables was child's play of course, and really brought out the sound the Arya is capable of.
I have a DX7Pro too, and it's good balanced, but the A90 and the SMSL M300 DAC beats it for power and flexibility.

OP

111fw

I took the Arya for a spin last night. With the JDS Atom it was at the end of high gain, sounded good but no headroom left. The A90 with xlr cables was child's play of course, and really brought out the sound the Arya is capable of.
I have a DX7Pro too, and it's good balanced, but the A90 and the SMSL M300 DAC beats it for power and flexibility.
Thanks mate. Went to the store for testing and actually bought singxer sa-1, compared it with topping a90 and a90d before, the singxer sounded warmer and not very analytical like the 2 toppings

Top Bottom