• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX7s does not have output

ronwan

Forum Donor
Am having similar problems as gab described in Driving bookshelf speakers from topping dx7s:

My Topping DX7s seems fully functioning, except that I don't get output on the XLR channels.
Did not change anything, one day it worked, and the next day it did not.
No power outages have happened in between, and I did not touch the device in between.

Connected speakers are KH120. Have tried factory reset, and switched PCs (all USB connected), no result.
The screen works, detects the PC (44.1), input switching works, etc.
Basically everything works, except I don't get output.

I have double checked all the output settings.. I am aware of the arrows on the display.

Has anyone ever seen this before with a DX7s or similar device?
Any clue what is causing this, and how to detect / repair?

LearningToSmile

I did start having some problems with my DX7s though in my case this was probably caused by power surges/outages. Did you diagnose the problem down to XLR output specifically? As in, is the headphone output/RCA output working? Have you tried different type of input?

In my case the problem was with USB input, I had both issues when it was detecting signal from PC but not playing as well as not detecting it all. At the same time OPT input worked. For me it was enough to power down the device for an extended period of time(around a day, 30 minutes wasn't enough) and then it started working again.

OP
R

ronwan

Forum Donor
Thanks for the help.. due to lack of devices laying around I did not check RCA and HP outputs. But good news, I followed your solution and took the power cord off for a night, that resolved my issue too like it did yours.

Top Bottom