• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX7 Pro

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

digicidal

Major Contributor
So another audibly transparent DAC... yawn. ;) Just kidding, but seriously it's the added features, inputs/outputs, and appearance (oh and price of course) that drive decisions at these performance levels. I appreciate the measurements as a method of confirming the engineering excellence, but I want pictures of the device even more.

Give me a nice sized OLED display with some rendered VU's on it and I'll forgive a multitude of sins. Show me yet another project box with a teensy segment or LCD display and undersized controls and I'll start picking nits again. Is getting everything while paying nothing too much to ask? :p

mmicko

I can see it now...

*DX7 Pro + THX 887 stack*

Ugh I can't wait.
I hope Topping will during upgrade focus on weakest point of existing DX7s (the headamp) istead of "highest SINAD race".
With all respect to THX887 is always more comfortable to have all in one device...

Dx7pro

Attachments

• dx7pro.jpg
    dx7pro.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 702

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I hope Topping will during upgrade focus on weakest point of existing DX7s (the headamp) istead of "highest SINAD race".
With all respect to THX887 is always more comfortable to have all in one device...
They will have a separate model A50 for headphone amp.

Jimmy

It will all depend on the headphone amplifier section quality, if not close to SOTA in my opinion the price should be similar to the Sabaj D5, and there's something that if true will shake all the wireless audio industry, and make all the high end equipment that includes bluetooth audio support somehow obsolete :

"New Bluetooth audio architecture coming H2 ’19"

https://www.androidauthority.com/bluetooth-audio-2019-1001214/
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,117849.0.html

Let's see, I'm sure Topping knows their business, and will take all the variables into account for pricing. If Monoprice/Massdrop sell the THX HP amps for 399$ and there's an upcoming matching DAC probably at a similar price, that will probably be a blow for rising chinese audio brands that sell competing equipment.

I'm gonna say $799

Top Bottom