• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX7 Pro+

Toku

Major Contributor
Topping and SMSL are now able to offer mature products. I don't think it's time to replace OP amps and discuss things.
There seems to be pros and cons regarding the design, but I like this design following the DX5 because it is very fashionable.
I feel that it is a transformational point for the company Topping.

yavormoskov

Topping and SMSL are now able to offer mature products. I don't think it's time to replace OP amps and discuss things.
There seems to be pros and cons regarding the design, but I like this design following the DX5 because it is very fashionable.
I like how thin the new dx7 pro+ is. I have very large 43-inch monitor and it looks like the space under it is just enough. And the rounded edges look very different, unlike the plain rectangular boxes everyone else is doing.

Last edited:

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Not the biggest fan of the DX5.

Toku

Major Contributor
Not the biggest fan of the DX5.
It is natural that people have different opinions because design preferences vary from person to person. I welcome Topping's approach to this new design.
I think they are now exploring various challenges to something new.
But weird designs like ifi and Schiit are totally unacceptable to me. This is simply because of my taste for design.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
It is natural that people have different opinions because design preferences vary from person to person. I welcome Topping's approach to this new design.
I think they are now exploring various challenges to something new.
But weird designs like ifi and Schiit are totally unacceptable to me. This is simply because of my taste for design.
I'm not a big fan of either of those companies designs. It is just that all my audio equipment is square with a industrial look like the original DX7. If I am going to replace that, the new DX7 as well as the DX5 would look out of place with the rest of my components.

villason

Any news? Looking for a combo and forget about amps and dacs for many many years...

mrbungle

Any news? Looking for a combo and forget about amps and dacs for many many years...
Apos says August 23rd exclusively though them in the US and Canada.

yavormoskov

Screenshot_20220818-215720~2.png

The price was expected to be high but the functionality is more important to me. I wish they publish the manual before launch date.

VariousArtists

The power increase vs DX5 is much lower than what I expected, 1.9W at 32 ohm vs DX5’s 1.8W
11845076.jpg

42d94ca9c0d7b1b5e8f9b8cbe8c5090e.jpg

Last edited:

godmax

...if these are the final specs, it is rather interesting that the DX7Pro+ seems to have a single-ended amplication design (4-pin XLR only for convenience) rather than balanced as the original DX7Pro (840mW SE vs. 1700mW BL @32Ω). So the DX7Pro+ is more like a DX5+ in bigger case :cool:

Edit: Apos Audio made also a difference-chart available (only showing SE values to show 100% increase :rolleyes:)
DX7pro-en-03.jpg

Last edited:

VariousArtists

...if these are the final specs, it is rather interesting that the DX7Pro+seems to have a single-ended amplication design (4-pin XLR only for convenience) rather than balanced as the original DX7Pro (840mW SE vs. 1700mV BL @32Ω). So the DX7Pro+ is more like a DX5+ in bigger case :cool:

Edit: Apos Audio made also a difference-chart available (only showing SE values to show 100% increase :rolleyes:)
View attachment 226035
I mean, the new DX5 looks more attractive to me at ~$400 vs DX7 Pro+’s $699, considering the relatively insignificant power difference.

The DX7 Pro+ probably has better DAC performance due to the Pro ESS chip but at this point it’s just a number game

August

The dac performance seems to surpass our top of the list d90se?

staticV3

Master Contributor
The dac performance seems to surpass our top of the list d90se?
Amir's APx555 isn't transparent enough to measure the D90SE.
He's basically just measuring the THD+N of his AP.
The D90SE can do 127.35dB SINAD (0.000043%) with a transparent enough measurements rig. See here.

Hxx

Crazy that you don’t get balanced outs at $700? Doesn’t seem right

Top Bottom