• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX7 Pro+ vs Chord DAVE measurements (Cosmos ADC) - DAVE is better in some areas (surprise!)

BlinkDL

So I bought DX7 Pro+ out of curiosity and measured it using Cosmos ADC (grade A).

Note: Here Cosmos ADC is in stereo mode so the noise is not the best. But I care more about harmonic distortions :) My Cosmos APU will arrive tomorrow and then I will measure them again.

THD of DX7 Pro+:
1663854586021.png

THD of DAVE (RCA):
1663854623094.png

DAVE has 3db more noises as expected (so 3db less SINAD as the noises are dominating SINAD here), but the HDs are cleaner.

Here comes the surprising part.

IMD of DX7 Pro+:
1663854934610.png

IMD of DAVE (RCA):
1663854959966.png

If you just look at the IMD + Noise % then DX7 Pro+ is better because of the lower noise (again, noise is dominating everything here), but DAVE is cleaner especially around 15K.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
None of this is surprising... Shows though that products costing 1/20th of the Dave can still match or beat the performance. Which I'm pretty sure was the issue in the first place.

Top Bottom