• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Rate this DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 56 15.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 290 79.7%

• Total voters

aaddas

TOPPING DX7PRO+ VS D30PRO
Who is win?

Roen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is there anything that this cannot do that the D90SE/LE can do?

Snoopy

Major Contributor
The DX7Pro+ cannot output 5.2V like the D90LE. It's limited to 4.2V

I'm wondering how a combo unit like the dx7pro handles native DSD since they use a digital volume control.. normally this should result in noise .

Roen

I'm wondering how a combo unit like the dx7pro handles native DSD since they use a digital volume control.. normally this should result in noise .
Has to be used at full volume.

Roen

With the lack of an analog volume control and 4.2 V vs 5.2 V, looks like I’m going D90LE or SE at a good price.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
With the lack of an analog volume control and 4.2 V vs 5.2 V, looks like I’m going D90LE or SE at a good price.

Both have a digital volume control.
Why not just get the Topping E70 or E70V ?!

Roen

Both have a digital volume control.
Why not just get the Topping E70 or E70V ?!
Both will require an amp for DSD, and if so, I'd rather take the 5V mode of the D90 SE for a few hundred more.

Clancy1994

Looking to purchase this or the FiiO K9 Pro, to drive HD800S, any idea which would be better? mainly used for gaming and music with a touch of TV

Mordred

I have a weird problem with the dx7 pro+

For some reason it is stuck in pre out mode. In the settings i selected DAC mode and Lineout XLR also factory resetted the device. This is a bad situation cause i have headphones and active monitor speakers. every time i want to use headphones i have to turn the volume down or the otherway around when using the speakers again.

anyone an idea how to fix this mess?

staticV3

Master Contributor
@Mordred so you go into the Setup Menu, select LO Mode | DAC, then you select Save and exit, and still the next time you go into the Setup menu, LO Mode has reset to Pre?

Mordred

No it says dac but it is still not fixed and gets controlled together with the headphone just like in premode

staticV3

Master Contributor
No it says dac but it is still not fixed and gets controlled together with the headphone just like in premode
Could you try setting Output to PO?

On other Topping AIOs, even with LO mode set to DAC, the Line out stays adjustable until you disable the headphone out.

I can't find anything of that sort in the manual, but maybe the DX7Pro+ behaves the same.

nsfgp

I have a weird problem with the dx7 pro+

For some reason it is stuck in pre out mode. In the settings i selected DAC mode and Lineout XLR also factory resetted the device. This is a bad situation cause i have headphones and active monitor speakers. every time i want to use headphones i have to turn the volume down or the otherway around when using the speakers again.

anyone an idea how to fix this mess?
Read the manual again carefully. The default for Line Out mode is in PRE-AMP mode. You have to enter the setup manual to change it (remote won't work).
Entering the setup menu may require unplugging the power cord, hold volume knob while plugging in power cord (like how it works on DX3Pro+).
I am pretty sure it is not an issue with the unit. Learn to control it. Good luck. The way Topping design the output combo is one of the best I have seen. It is the same from DX3Pro+ to DX5 to your DX7pro. EDIT: You have an extra power switch at the back so likely no need to unplug power cord. FYI. Just hold volume knob while flipping the switch at the back and see if it enters setup menu.

1678002448639.png

1678002538146.png

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
@nsfgp
Mordred knows how to enter the Setup Menu.
It's just that the way the DX7Pro+ works, does not work for him.

Top Bottom