• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

Kibbelhs

Thanks for the info. No, the volume was not maxed out in PRE - and it automatically disables the volume in the DAC mode. I tried again to ensure that it was not a placebo effect. I still feel the pure DAC mode sounds a little better. Changed it back to DAC.
Just got my unit yesterday, was wondering the same and chanced upon your question haha.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99060.0 might help.

Tks

Major Contributor
Audiophile style is mostly bullshit routed as truths

Was this the place that said something along the lines of the RME DAC being thin or something? Boy that was rich.

Veri

Master Contributor
Was this the place that said something along the lines of the RME DAC being thin or something? Boy that was rich.
:) it's the kind of site that has financial gain in making things like USB/EtherRegen big. They have some reviews out that start with 'Objective:' that are interesting but that's about it.

Tks

Major Contributor
:) it's the kind of site that has financial gain in making things like USB/EtherRegen big. They have some reviews out that start with 'Objective:' that are interesting but that's about it.
:facepalm:

Technorocker

Hello Audio Friends! :)
I have a Problem...
I bought Topping Dx 7 Pro a 3 weeks ago. I am very happy with the sound quality and performance, but there is a problem with my device. I listen to music mainly via Bluetooth and Ldac. Always after a few minutes after turning on the device there are noises, sometimes in the left channel and sometimes on right of the headphones, and before they were in both. Noise is heard when it pauses a song or between songs. I use Sennheiser HD660S headphones and balanced original cable 4.4. I tried a different power cable, a different bluetooth antenna and a surge protector and nothing noise disappeared.​
My settings: BT-PO, gain - High, 4.4 pentaconn output , Sennheiser HD660S

Please Help me whats going on with my Topping???

Thank you and best regards.​

pacman

Hello Audio Friends! :)
I have a Problem...​
I bought Topping Dx 7 Pro a 3 weeks ago. I am very happy with the sound quality and performance, but there is a problem with my device. I listen to music mainly via Bluetooth and Ldac. Always after a few minutes after turning on the device there are noises, sometimes in the left channel and sometimes on right of the headphones, and before they were in both. Noise is heard when it pauses a song or between songs. I use Sennheiser HD660S headphones and balanced original cable 4.4. I tried a different power cable, a different bluetooth antenna and a surge protector and nothing noise disappeared.​
My settings: BT-PO, gain - High, 4.4 pentaconn output , Sennheiser HD660S

Please Help me whats going on with my Topping???​
Thank you and best regards.​
What kind of noises? Maybe your smartphone is causing interference

Technorocker

No i have checked also others smartphones.
Noise is strongest at high gain and at the balanced output. They are not uniform. They wave as if someone was blowing lightly into the handset. When I turn down the volume of the amplifier, the noise volume is the same all the time. Noise occurs only on the Bluetooth source, but only after a few minutes of listening. Do you also have such problems?

Toku

Major Contributor
No i have checked also others smartphones.
Noise is strongest at high gain and at the balanced output. They are not uniform. They wave as if someone was blowing lightly into the handset. When I turn down the volume of the amplifier, the noise volume is the same all the time. Noise occurs only on the Bluetooth source, but only after a few minutes of listening. Do you also have such problems?
To find out the problem, try replacing the BT device with another one.

scribley0

Running a Topping DX7 Pro - my stored source material is mainly FLAC (with a few legacy mp3's @320) however I am still on Windows 10 Groove thing as a player. Is this why I am still seeing 44.1 kHz as a sample rate ? Or is there a setting somewhere I missed ? Presumably I am also missing out on ASIO unless I move over to Foobar, Jriver or MMonkey ?

Toku

Major Contributor
Running a Topping DX7 Pro - my stored source material is mainly FLAC (with a few legacy mp3's @320) however I am still on Windows 10 Groove thing as a player. Is this why I am still seeing 44.1 kHz as a sample rate ? Or is there a setting somewhere I missed ? Presumably I am also missing out on ASIO unless I move over to Foobar, Jriver or MMonkey ?
Windows 10 Groove is an audio player that uses the Windows audio engine.
The sampling rate of all songs is resampled to the sampling rate set in Windows and output. Therefore, it cannot be played back at the original sampling rate of the song.
Your PC's Windows is set to 44.1kHz resampling so it will always play at 44.1kHz.
The Windows audio engine also compresses all songs with a limiter action to prevent saturation in the mixer. So the sound will definitely get worse.
To play the song files under the original conditions, I recommend installing Topping's driver and playing ASIO on an audio player.

ReaderZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
But it would still show 44.1khz, as most flac are CD rip and should be 44.1k to start with.

haibrands

I've been lurking this forum for a while (because of Amirm's great reviews!) and just registered to ask a question as a noob. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is there a recommendation between using the XLR or RCA inputs for this? I'm buying the DX7 Pro for my HD6XX and want to plug in my cruddy Logitech G560 speakers as well and need to buy either a 3.5mm to 2x XLR cable or a 3.5mm to RCA cable. Which should I choose or does it not matter? Or should I not bother because it's not a good idea to connect my speakers?

dartinbout

Use an XLR for the HD6XX. You get more power to the headphones. The speaker setup wont make an appreciable difference if using 2,5 to rCA.

haibrands

Use an XLR for the HD6XX. You get more power to the headphones. The speaker setup wont make an appreciable difference if using 2,5 to rCA.

Oh I should have specified! I already have replacement cables for my HD6XX that have a XLR balanced jack. I meant for the G560 speakers. Are you saying I should use the XLR 3-pin rather than the RCA or are you saying that it won't matter if I choose either?

dartinbout

it won't matter. Get a nice of powered speakers, with xlr inputs, to replace the G560 and it will.

ReaderZ

That doesn't make any sense, if HD6xx has a XLR, it's a 4 pin that goes into the front headphone out, there is no conflict with back 2x 3pin XLR. Although 3.5mm I would go with RCA to 3.5, SE to SE is better than balanced to SE.

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
That doesn't make any sense, if HD6xx has a XLR, it's a 4 pin that goes into the front headphone out, there is no conflict with back 2x 3pin XLR. Although 3.5mm I would go with RCA to 3.5, SE to SE is better than balanced to SE.
There are a few dacs that have headphone (front) output 2x6.5 TRS balanced (teac ud 503/505, RME ADI 2 pro to name a few) so theoritical you could use the back 2x3 neutrik back output in pre mode to drive some headphones. (cables exist)
Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

ReaderZ

There are a few dacs that have headphone (front) output 2x6.5 TRS balanced (teac ud 503/505, RME ADI 2 pro to name a few) so theoritical you could use the back 2x3 neutrik back output in pre mode to drive some headphones. (cables exist)
Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

That's why I put bold on "a". Second, just because there is adapter doesn't mean you should use line out for headphone.

Top Bottom