• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

Category 5

Bought on Amazon... slow delivery... it should arrive 17th dec.

But it should be safe place to buy. Price 599 is high.. I'm on time to cancel the order if anybody can suggest me any good European shop.

Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Topping-DX...var=553962606030&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This ebay seller did it for $520 USD, for me, free shipping, and got it to me in 6 days from China via DHL (free shipping). Great experience, so message them and see if they will do $500 and get it to you fast and I'll bet you'll get a great deal and have it before December starts.

Last edited:

dkinric

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This ebay seller did it for $520 USD, for me, free shipping, and got it to me in 6 days from China via DHL (free shipping). Great experience, so message them and see if they will do $500 and get it to you fast and I'll bet you'll get a great deal and have it before December starts.
Which ebay seller?

dmac6419

Major Contributor
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Topping-DX7-Pro-USB-DAC-Bluetooth-5-0-ES9038Pro-DSD512-PCM1024-Headphone-Amp/254381089143?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=553962606030&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Got this thing for $459.99 from Apos (after discounts), sheesh don't tell anyone P.S got it in like 3 days,straight from China via DHL,even made DHL come back the same night with the SMSL sp200 ( they needed a signature) could've even got a $20 discount on the sp200 but i figured I'd let Apos make some money,why be greedy.

Last edited:

dmac6419

Major Contributor
I'm aware of Apos' price match, how did you get them to match to $465?
They messed up and didn't have it in stock,CJ over at Apos bent over backwards and got the warehouse person in China to magically find one on top of that took off $50,back in my account the next day,then shenzhenaudio was selling it for $509.99,thing ain't even 2 days old,chatting with CJ,Yo y'all gonna match that,YUP bam $90 back in my account.Oh let me revise that math$459.99

SHENZHENAUDIO

TOPPING DX7 Pro ES9038Pro DAC & Headphone amp Bluetooth 5.0 32BIT/768kHz DSD1024 Wireless Decoder Headphone Amplifier

$509.99* · In stock · Brand: TOPPING
Features:, A desktop DAC could also accurately restore the scene, DX7 pro uses ESS DAC ES9038PRO ch...
* Check website for latest pricing and availability. Images may be subject to copyright. Learn More
That was before 11.11 they must have forgot a 9 or something see that why the 0 should be before the 1 on a keyboard lmao.

Last edited:

SpyB

Salut,
J'ai pensé acheter le D70 quand j'ai appris de mon revendeur que le dx7 pro est maintenant disponible ...
dillem: lequel choisir sait maintenant que la partie ampli est secondaire pour moi, utilisation principale = hi-fi? !!
Pouvez-vous nous dire quelles différences audibles peuvent être attendues entre les 2 modèles? (pour ceux qui ont pu écouter les deux, ou pas )
Merci

Translated:
Hello,
I thought about buying the D70 when I learned from my dealer that the dx7 pro is now available ...
dillem: which one to choose now knows that the amp part is secondary for me, main use = hi-fi? !!
Can you tell us what audible differences can be expected between the 2 models? (for those who could listen to both, or not)
Thank you

harleyguy07

Translated:
Hello,
I thought about buying the D70 when I learned from my dealer that the dx7 pro is now available ...
dillem: which one to choose now knows that the amp part is secondary for me, main use = hi-fi? !!
Can you tell us what audible differences can be expected between the 2 models? (for those who could listen to both, or not)
Thank you
https://soundnews.net/sources/dacs/topping-dx7-pro-review-a-flagship-for-everyone/

This link takes you to a review that directly compares the two. I am not sure how legit this guy is but his observations seem to match what mine are for the most part so it might help you get a sense of how these two units differ

Category 5

Sonarworks Reference 4 is better.

That's one of those things that is hotly debated, but yes, Sonarworks is a great package as well. Both use different algorithms and do amazing things. For that price though it's a low risk entry into broad effect room correction. In the headphone realm Sonarworks is known to be the undisputed king, and there is no measurement required.

Jimmy

I would take such reviews with a grain of salt. The same site says that the new Burson Conductor 3 is at a "higher level" compared to the Topping and that it sounds "big and wide".

https://soundnews.net/sources/dacs/topping-dx7-pro-review-a-flagship-for-everyone/

This link takes you to a review that directly compares the two. I am not sure how legit this guy is but his observations seem to match what mine are for the most part so it might help you get a sense of how these two units differ

Tucson

I am interested in this DAC/amp. It tests better than my Duet for Mac and iPad, which is impressive. Compared to my unit, it has native processing of different audio streams, more I/Os, and additional features, like bluetooth. Are there any quality control problems, like those that are plaguing the DX3 Pro?

I cannot afford it at the price of a new unit. Finding them used is difficult. So instead I have purchased the Apogee for the interim until I can get a good price on a used model. There was one on EBay for about $350, but I let that one get away.

Tucson

No, that is the line outs. The SINAD for the headphone out is 81. IMO not that great. But the line outs are terrific. FWIW SINAD is just one metric of the complete picture. IMHO If the line outs have a low enough impedance, slap some high impedance headphones on the line outs and enjoy. This is what I would do.

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
No, that is the line outs. The SINAD for the headphone out is 81.
Where did you get 81, from the 50mW measurement? This is not the definitive headphone output SINAD, just at lower volumes..

I'm sorry for being a noob , but 1/4 hp out sinad is 119??
You keep asking for others to interpret the graphs, please put in some effort and read through these:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-thresholds-of-amp-and-dac-measurements.5734/
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/understanding-audio-measurements.2351/

Tucson

I stand corrected. What is the definitive headphone output SINAD? 50 mW is a moderate, listenable volume for lets say 350 ohm phones, correct?

PS I also will read that post on interpreting audio measurements.

Veri

Master Contributor
I stand corrected. What is the definitive headphone output SINAD? 50 mW is a moderate, listenable volume for lets say 350 ohm phones, correct

"Definitive" is rather bad wording from me, since it will depend on your listening volume. You can read SINAD from the power vs distortion. -90dB THD+N for example would be around 0.003% THD or around 90dB SINAD. This is w/ the knob turned about half way. Going louder can result in -100dB THD and up.

Amir annotated the DX3 graph. The THD notation is in decimals rather than dB but you can get the picture to read the graph:
Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amplifier Power at 300 ohm Measurement.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom