• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping dx7 pro: an amazing product

Marc v E

Major Contributor
Based on the review here by @amirm I recently bought a Topping Dx7 pro.
I've been working from home for about a year now and wanted a desktop system that could drive the Genelec 8030 and serve as a headphone amplifier in case I would miss the bass.

At first I tried it in my main system and was pleasantly surprised by the solid placement of instruments and voices. I experienced the bass as less present than I was used to, but after a second listen it actually seemed full of impact but much faster. (And finally came to the conclusion it is just better, more truthfull to the recording!) Then I tried the Sennheiser hd650 which was very very good. Just very natural.
Finally I tried the Genelecs and was again surprised at the detail available and the fact I wasn't really missing the bass. The recording was communicated very truthfully.

After about a week I must say I'm very impressed. This is hifi in the true-est meaning of the word. It is hard to describe because it just plays what is there and imposes no character of itself.

A big thank you to the people involved in engineering this product. And to the customer service team. I'm very impressed and will heartily recommend your products.

Last edited:
Top Bottom