• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX3 Pro's headphone socket

cooleskimo

Received DX3 Pro from Shenzhen Audio on 23 December and opened as a present on Christmas Day. Immediately found problem with the headphone socket. When the 3.5 plug on my Sony WH-1000X M3 is fully inserted into the socket sound only to left headphone. The plug has to be slowly withdrawn 4mm and wiggled about to get connection to both channels. The connection as the plug is gently inserted/withdrawn does not feel very good at all. I have never seen a 3.5mm socket before where the plug is not fully and firmly inserted to achieve good connection. This is my first Topping device bought after reading many positive reviews of their quality. So feeling somewhat disappointed. I have reported the issue to both Shenzhen and Topping. Perhaps DX3 users would like to comment on their experience.

BurritoJustice

Forum Donor
Received DX3 Pro from Shenzhen Audio on 23 December and opened as a present on Christmas Day. Immediately found problem with the headphone socket. When the 3.5 plug on my Sony WH-1000X M3 is fully inserted into the socket sound only to left headphone. The plug has to be slowly withdrawn 4mm and wiggled about to get connection to both channels. The connection as the plug is gently inserted/withdrawn does not feel very good at all. I have never seen a 3.5mm socket before where the plug is not fully and firmly inserted to achieve good connection. This is my first Topping device bought after reading many positive reviews of their quality. So feeling somewhat disappointed. I have reported the issue to both Shenzhen and Topping. Perhaps DX3 users would like to comment on their experience.

This is due to the incompatibility of the TRRS cable of the XM3 (there is an extra pin for the microphone and remote) and typical headphone amp outputs. This is a really common problem and not a design fault per se.

You just need to get a female 3.5mm TRRS to male 3.5mm TRS adapter.

OP
C

cooleskimo

The Sony WH-1000X M3 headset cable is TRS not TRRS. It works perfectly when connected to my LG G6. Before posting here I informed Shenzhen Audio about this and they apologised for the issue and said they were going to refer it to Topping.

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Same problem, now have the choice of forgoing headphone output or paying ridiculous return shipping to China.

Toku

Major Contributor
The Sony WH-1000X M3 headset cable is TRS not TRRS. It works perfectly when connected to my LG G6. Before posting here I informed Shenzhen Audio about this and they apologised for the issue and said they were going to refer it to Topping.
I had the same experience as you. But now it is working properly.
The cause is that the plug was not fully inserted.
DX3Pro earphone jacks are very tight and may not be deep enough.

Top Bottom