• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX3 Pro+

dsnyder0cnn

Addicted to Fun and Learning
New Firmware 1.25 fix my DX3Pro+ knob physical bug (not fix 100% but makes it a lot better)
What is the knob physical bug? I have the DX3 Pro+, and I've never had any issues with the knob...except that pushing it in causes the DAC to slide across my desk.

jmahyoung

PSA: I had problems with a lot less power and noticeable attenuation from the headphone output of the Topping DX3 Pro+ after upgrading to Firmware 1.25. Downgrading back to 1.23 fixed the problem. Make sure you check your headphone output power levels, I'd be interested if anyone else ran into the problem.

Numbers: I used Sennheiser HD 700 headphones, and totally maxed out the power (0.0 db and High Gain mode on, and PC set to 100 volume) and it was barely loud enough. Whereas with 1.23 firmware, leaving it at around -5 db and Regular Gain, and PC set to 35 volume, is more than fine volume levels.

If you use your headphone jack, please test it and see if you also have this issue; I know I saw it. It was hard to track down what changed to cause this issue in my system.

DieHappy

PSA: I had problems with a lot less power and noticeable attenuation from the headphone output of the Topping DX3 Pro+ after upgrading to Firmware 1.25. Downgrading back to 1.23 fixed the problem. ..
Hello ASR Forum,
can this statement be true?
Has anyone of you also that it has become quieter with the new firmware 1.25?
And that it is louder again with the old 1.23?

dsnyder0cnn

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've not noticed any difference. If it's easy to downgrade, it should also be easy to measure the output for each version and compare

bracko

Hello ASR Forum,
can this statement be true?
Has anyone of you also that it has become quieter with the new firmware 1.25?
And that it is louder again with the old 1.23?
Not in my experience. Probably just an imagination or something else that is wrong in the system. Without proper measurements I wouldn't take the statement about attenuation seriously.

bracko

Hi
Anyone else having problems accessing Topping's homepage? tpdz.net

Top Bottom