• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX3 Pro+

Semla

Last edited:

bahamot

Looks like EX5 minus balanced, MQA. But its headphone out seems better than EX5. And it's cheaper too. If I haven't bought EX5, this is the one I gonna buy.
It's available on Shenzenaudio too

Last edited:

Bel Canto

And up on the Topping website now as well.

look forward to Amir's review, hopefully cooming soon.

JWAmerica

Attachments

• coomer.png
    coomer.png
    193 KB · Views: 179

VariousArtists

So if I understand correctly it has over 50% more power (and almost 80% more at 300ohm) than the EX5 for almost half the price.

Now I am not sure if the extra features of EX5 justifies the big price difference with the new DX3Pro+. Am I missing something?

tom_tom

I hope Topping upgraded Volume knob. Knob and remote were only 2 things I've dislike in DX3 Pro

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Personally I don't really see where this fit in..
EX5 serves the low(er) end and the DX7 Pro the high(er) end of the AIO market.

What is going on with the linearity btw, not what we come to expect from a Topping product. :rolleyes:

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Personally I don't really see where this fit in..
EX5 serves the low(er) end and the DX7 Pro the high(er) end of the AIO market.

What is going on with the linearity btw, not what we come to expect from a Topping product. :rolleyes:
Dx3pro+ is much cheaper than EX5.
The linearity is due to that Wolf doesn't use special filter to filter out noise for linearity test like Amir does.

VariousArtists

The linearity is due to that Wolf doesn't use special filter to filter out noise for linearity test like Amir does.

To me DX3Pro+ almost makes the EX5 redundant, considering the large price gap.

Purely based on need, EX5 is likely to be sufficient for most people but if DX3Pro+ is much cheaper and more powerful, there is little compromise made by going for the DX3Pro+ (I am willing to give up on the balanced output and MQA is irrelevant).

Walter

Wow, it even supports LDAC. I don't use Bluetooth and rarely use headphones, but I could see buying this over an E30 or D10S just to get a volume knob, with those features just being a bonus.

Human Bass

I was impressed with the headphone amp section. Best cost benefit dac-amp by far.

Hxx

holy smokes this thing on paper at least is the perfect dac/amp for most people. If it measures as well as the rest of Toppings new lineup then we have a winner.

Lupin

holy smokes this thing on paper at least is the perfect dac/amp for most people. If it measures as well as the rest of Toppings new lineup then we have a winner.
WolfX-700 measured it and it looks just fine.

it lacks BAL out but I have the feeling that for an AIO at this price point people will be more interested in HP out than BAL out. Most likely nothing wrong with the SE out as long as you don't have ground loops. Topping is really kicking the EX5 in the balls with the DX3 Pro+, I can totally see the majority of the potential customers for an AIO now be more interested in the DX3 Pro+ than the EX5.

Not the best naming scheme either imho.
What's next, DX3 Pro+ SE? :p;)

Leiker535

Considering the very high gain (+19dB), would it drive 600 ohm headphones to pleasing levels and good low end or is the Voltage still too low?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Another strong release from Topping. They are on a roll, one excellent release after the other. Very impressive.

Top Bottom