• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX3 Pro V1 vs V2

cheapzzi

Hi,
I have another question about DX3 Pro V2.
From a few posts i've seen that the V2 has bigger outpout impedance that changes some IEMs sound. That doens't bother me that much beacuse i dont really use IEMs. What bothers me is that the Amp in the V2 should be much worse than the one in V1. I am new to this and i would like to have some something decent that will last for long enough.
Now i'm using Fiio E10K with HD58x(felt mod)+KPH30i and i feel it's not enough for what i want. In the near future i want to buy DT880 600Ohm and HE4xx.
I have really good price considering the country i am in. I live in Czech Republic so anything like JDS or Monoprice is out for me due to taxes. I was looking also for Fiio K5 Pro, but here it cost more than 30$ more than the DX3 Pro V2. Also in the future i would like to get some powered speakers and listen to music from bed.
I will be really grateful for every reply.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now i'm using Fiio E10K with HD58x(felt mod)+KPH30i and i feel it's not enough for what i want. In the near future i want to buy DT880 600Ohm and HE4xx.

The higher output impedance of the V2 will eat a good deal of power with the HE4xx. It will be just fine with the Senns and Beyers though.

OP
C

cheapzzi

The higher output impedance of the V2 will eat a good deal of power with the HE4xx. It will be just fine with the Senns and Beyers though.
Will it be good for some other Planar in the future? How i undestand it so far is that the DX3 Pro will power them, but not to the full potential.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Will it be good for some other Planar in the future? How i undestand it so far is that the DX3 Pro will power them, but not to the full potential.

You might run out of power with the less efficient models.

If you don't mind separates, and can spend a little more a Topping D10S or D30 plus an L30 would pretty much be future-proof.

OP
C

cheapzzi

I would like to ask few more things. Will it be better now to just buy L30 and use fiio E10K as DAC? How better it is compared to the Dx3 pro? Is it new amp?because I was researching for more options but didn't meet this one

3125b

Major Contributor
The DX3 Pro is ok, but the headphone amp part isn't terribly impressive. Despite the 10 ohm output impedance it will deliver enough power for most headphones, but some planars with very low sensitivity might not be an ideal match.
E30 (129€ at audiophonics.fr) plus L30 (139€) is just the all around better choice, well worth the extra 58€ (10€ for an interconnect included) or so, if you want to save some money at the expense of features, the D10S (99€) is also a great option.
The SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII (109€) is also a solid performer, however I've had a mixed experience as far as usability is concerned.

EDIT: Regarding your additional questions:
The E10K is useable as a DAC, though not technically audibly transparent (around 90dB SINAD), it should do ok in that role. With my E10 Olympus (predecessor of the E10K) I found that there was just about no audible difference between it and the Apple dongle when using them as DAC to feed an external amp.
The L30 is a new prodict, yes. Wolf reviewed a pre-production sample, Amir should have an official review here shortly (I'm already waiting for it). I looks very promising. Lots of power, great performance, great feature set (from my point of view), attractive looks, good price. I am in fact considering replacing my JDS Atom since the L30 has a <1 gain option and a mode switch, two things I miss on the Atom, plus it also looks better in conjunction with my E30 of course.

Last edited:

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Will it be better now to just buy L30 and use fiio E10K as DAC?

That will work just fine, especially if you're mostly looking for more power from the amp section.

How better it is compared to the Dx3 pro? Is it new amp?because I was researching for more options but didn't meet this one

The L30's amp is a lot better. Super low noise, more power, near zero output impedance. It was just recently released. Here are some numbers on it.

OP
C

cheapzzi

Last thing I want to ask. What really interested me on dx3 pro is how compact it is and all the reviews on it were great( atleast for the 1st version). All the features were interesting aswell. How it will be compared to the L30+ E10k? Overall quality and the option for future powered speakers?

Btw. Thanks a lot

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last thing I want to ask. What really interested me on dx3 pro is how compact it is and all the reviews on it were great( atleast for the 1st version). All the features were interesting aswell. How it will be compared to the L30+ E10k? Overall quality and the option for future powered speakers?

Btw. Thanks a lot

You'd be missing the bluetooth from the DX3 Pro.

If you upgrade to the E30 later, it has a remote like the DX3 Pro.

The L30 does have a line out (RCA only) which could run to powered speakers. I'm not sure if it's volume controlled and/or switched so you may need to look up the manual for it.

OP
C

cheapzzi

You'd be missing the bluetooth from the DX3 Pro.

If you upgrade to the E30 later, it has a remote like the DX3 Pro.

The L30 does have a line out (RCA only) which could run to powered speakers. I'm not sure if it's volume controlled and/or switched so you may need to look up the manual for it.
Again thanks a lot, I ordered from Aoshida-HIFI Audio Store on Aliexpress today. It should be here in 10 days so i will see.

N

nhatlam96

Has anyone experience with Topping DX3 pro V2? I'm looking to buy it, but I would like to hear some opinions from you first. Is there any thing wrong with the device and does everything work as intended? I know it has 10 ohm output impedance, which I don't mind.

Top Bottom