• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

IbrarW

Are there any competitive products out there with similar performance and price?

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes. There are a few separates with comparable measurements that are at least 10%-%25% more expensive when combined, but I can't think of any other high performing DAC/Amp all-in-ones that are at all close in price, at least in the USA.

MartinEighty8

Are there any competitive products out there with similar performance and price?
I joined this forum in February, been keeping an eye on all dac/amps reviewed since and even did a search on previous units reviewed. Based on Amirm's measurements, there isn't anything close to this unit's performance at this price point. I ordered mine as soon as I read the review, should be arriving end of the month hopefully.

This will be a DAC for both my PS5 (via the Signstek Mini USB DAC as a bridge) and my PC, my headphone amp and my preamp to my bookshelf speaker amp.

Looking forward to it very much.

zombiebrains2

And what SPDIF receiver does it use? Has anyone connected up an older CD/DVD player to spin with it via coaxial/opt? Other Topping dac's have spdif issue's like e30 as mentioned here a few times. Is this dac recommend for such use?

Where is the best option (beside that French site audiophonics which is more expensive than Amazon) to buy in EU with no fees? Is buying from shenzhenaudio direct a better option, I take it their stuff is shipped from China or do they have an EU shipping hub?

Cheers.

Nabobalis

I was wondering if anyone knows if it possible to transmit/connect to a Bluetooth headphones, so I can get my PC audio into my wireless in-ears?
I assume not but I wanted to ask.

Lupin

Where is the best option (beside that French site audiophonics which is more expensive than Amazon) to buy in EU with no fees? Is buying from shenzhenaudio direct a better option, I take it their stuff is shipped from China or do they have an EU shipping hub?

Cheers.
Both Amazon DE and Audiophonics sell the unit for €199
Audiophonics charges some shipping costs though depending on where it needs to be shipped. In my case it would be €11, not exactly the end of the world and certainly better than importing the unit from outside the EU.

MartinEighty8

I was wondering if anyone knows if it possible to transmit/connect to a Bluetooth headphones, so I can get my PC audio into my wireless in-ears?
Yes it is, this dac/amp uses Bluetooth 5.0. If you google Topping DX3 Pro+, you can see websites with all the specs.

zombiebrains2

Both Amazon DE and Audiophonics sell the unit for €199
Audiophonics charges some shipping costs though depending on where it needs to be shipped. In my case it would be €11, not exactly the end of the world and certainly better than importing the unit from outside the EU.
Thanks Lupin, I see Amazon de is from Shenzhen Audio anyway but if you go their website direct it is 172e with free shipping, both assume coming from China into EU so subject to customs?

Do you know anything about the spdif receiver on this? I would use this with some old CD seperates and USB. The topping e30 I had was problamatic over spdif with my older CD player's so I sent it back.

Lupin

No.
Bluetooth module in the DAC is a receiver not an transmitter.

Lupin

Thanks Lupin, I see Amazon de is from Shenzhen Audio anyway but if you go their website direct it is 172e with free shipping, both assume coming from China into EU so subject to customs?

Do you know anything about the spdif receiver on this? I would use this with some old CD seperates and USB. The topping e30 I had was problamatic over spdif with my older CD player's so I sent it back.
My bad, thought to have read that it is fulfilled by Amazon.
In that case I would go for the extra peace of mind and order from Audiophonics be protected by EU laws for online purchase and don't have to deal with added taxes and import fees.

Toku

Major Contributor
DX3 Pro+, which I ordered immediately after seeing the measurement data of amirmn, arrived from Aoshida HiFi and immediately conducted an operation test.
We have conducted continuous playback of files from PCM44.1kHz to 768kHz 16/24/32bit and DSD2.8 to DSD22.5, and a test to switch between these songs at random, but the operation of DX3 Pro+ is extremely stable. There was no problematic behavior.
I tested OPT/COAX using a D10s and a Sony DVD player and it works perfectly fine.
I don't use BT but the connection is smooth. There is no problem with the playback operation.
There was no pop noise when switching songs, switching inputs, or turning the power on and off.
I had predicted some problems with the newly released DX3 Pro+, but from the perfect operation, I think that Topping has done a thorough evaluation test before the release. Chinese products have also evolved considerably.

Darwin

OT: Just wanted to mention that Deezer also offers annual plan at the same price. It's premium tire now plays FLAC files. Deezer is better because it offers high quality audio no matter the platform. Apple Music doesn't offer ALAC for Windows nor Android, or perhaps nowadays for Android, not sure, likely not.
Take another look. Apple Music offers much more. Apple Music does do lossless and spatial audio on Android. Google is your friend.

ManuMaker

Today my friend ordered it from amazon.de, the route is China - Germany - Tucuman Argentina. In the end it cost 232.2 usdt, thank you very much to the people of the forum I even received private messages giving different options. We should make an official community of the dx3proplus so we take full advantage of it.

dza

At this pricepoint the competition is quite fierce and you definetily won't get a display except for the SMSL SU-9n which is double the price. I only really see iFi Audio Zen DAC v2 as direct competitor without display, but it probably won't measure as well and has a way higher stated THD. Also no bluetooth, no coax, no optical/toslink

Does anyone know other worthwhile competitors while offering similar features?

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
DX3 Pro+, which I ordered immediately after seeing the measurement data of amirmn, arrived from Aoshida HiFi and immediately conducted an operation test.
We have conducted continuous playback of files from PCM44.1kHz to 768kHz 16/24/32bit and DSD2.8 to DSD22.5, and a test to switch between these songs at random, but the operation of DX3 Pro+ is extremely stable. There was no problematic behavior.
I tested OPT/COAX using a D10s and a Sony DVD player and it works perfectly fine.
I don't use BT but the connection is smooth. There is no problem with the playback operation.
There was no pop noise when switching songs, switching inputs, or turning the power on and off.
I had predicted some problems with the newly released DX3 Pro+, but from the perfect operation, I think that Topping has done a thorough evaluation test before the release. Chinese products have also evolved considerably.
Thanks @Toku. Very good feedback :)

josiah

Does this unit save different volumes for Active Speakers vs Headphones W/AMP, or is it the same volume for both at all times?

Last edited:
Top Bottom