• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

pioterd

Hey there. Could someone explain why there are in total five L4562 op-amps here? NFCA circuit is only based on single L4562+TPA6120A2 or....all of them?
dx3pro+ internals.png

Hernandezt

Hello all, I am using the DX3 Pro+ wired with a coaxial cable to the streamer Wiim Pro, the topping does not swith automatically in stand by when the streamer goes in stand by mode.

Otherwise if I connect the DX3 Pro+ to the Wiin Pro with a optical cable, toslink, when the streamer goes in stand by mode, then after a minute the topping also goes in stand by mode.

Why is that difference? Someone notice that also? Why the topping is not swithing in stand by mode if wired with a coaxial?
Any suggestion? thanks in advance

ash1980

Will this work well in this combination?

Wiim Pro > DX3+ Pro > Parasound a21 > dali rubicon 5 towers.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Will this work well in this combination?

Wiim Pro > DX3+ Pro > Parasound a21 > dali rubicon 5 towers.
The Wiim Pro could go directly to the amp via RCA. I just got a DX3Pro+ in today and it sounds great, but if the Wiim outputs enough for the amplifier you could save some money unless you wanted it for the remote control functions.

Egoquaero

Hey dears!!
Two questions:
1) Is the device from this link the same as the reviewed one on this thread? What are the differences? (I was looking for a budget good enough bluetooth receiver)

2) Is the Topping dx3 pro+ good enough to drive the Sennheiser HD800? They say power might not be enough. What am I losing exactly in terms of sound quality?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Is the device from this link the same as the reviewed one on this thread?
Yes.
What are the differences?
None.
Is the Topping dx3 pro+ good enough to drive the Sennheiser HD800?
Definitely.
They say power might not be enough.
It's got enough power to drive the HD800 to an insane 124dB SPL Peak.
You'll destroy your hearing and your headphones before you reach the end of the volume knob.
What am I losing exactly in terms of sound quality?
You're not losing anything.

Egoquaero

Thank you so much, that's what I thought too.
Has anything better at this price point come out since its release? Sorry for asking this, I saw it's been released more than a year ago and this industry travels fast

staticV3

Master Contributor
Has anything better at this price point come out since its release?
There's the SMSL C200, which is less expensive and comes with balanced Line out.

Jophantazy

Hi everybody! I am a happy owner of the DX3pro plus, which I use with IEMs. I am really satisfied with the sound of the device and want to get the best out of this headphone amplifier. That's why I would like to ask a few questions.

When listening to Tidal while using USB audio player pro, what is the best setting?

1, Is the setting 02 or 03 on the device?
2. In the UAPP menu, I listen to the device in bit perfect mode, with hardware volume adjustment, at a volume of -50 or -55, is this normal? Will I get the best possible sound quality with this setting?
3. Can the device really play MQA in the UAPP MQA passthrough off position? Also, deep scan off or on?
4. Is the use of USB tweak 1,2,3 necessary at all?
5. Does turning on the Hires direct driver in the Internal audio driver menu affect the performance of the USB DAC?

„Közösség által ellenőrizve” ikon

Egoquaero

Yes.

None.

Definitely.

It's got enough power to drive the HD800 to an insane 124dB SPL Peak.
You'll destroy your hearing and your headphones before you reach the end of the volume knob.

You're not losing anything.
So I got the DX3 pro plus. Nice product but I feel the power is not enough for driving the Sennheiser HD800. I'm not sure if i'm doing anything wrong with the volume settings or if there's anything that needs to be changed from default settings... With many tracks I can comfortably turn the knob at 0 db (it reaches nowhere near 120db). It feels like there's less power than the Chord Mojo or the Hugo II I owned. Is this normal or am I doing anything wrong? I'm using a Macbook pro

Egoquaero

Solved. My bad, too lazy for manuals :D
Thanks mate!
Now I got new questions on the Topping G5 thread :D

DejaVu1101

For those who are using this with a pc via USB connection, are you able to modify the volume using windows slider or is mandatory to use volume knob from the device?
I have a keyboard with a volume knob and is more practical to use that instead of reaching for Dx3 own volume knob.

Last edited:

Smitty2k1

For those who are using this with a pc via USB connection, are you able to modify the volume using windows slider or is mandatory to use volume knob from the device?
I have a keyboard with a volume knob and is more practical to use that instead of reaching for Dx3 own volume knob.
You can adjust the windows output volume from your computer, you can not adjust the DX3 output though.

Jim Creek

Excuse my ignorance but I can’t find the output impedance of the DX3 Pro+ rca outputs. The output impedance of the headphone output is 0.1 ohm. But what is the output impedance of the rca outputs.

Jim Creek

JediMa

Is this better than Topping D50s (dac wise?)

Top Bottom