• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX3 Pro or SMSL M6?

Hunts887

As the title states really.

Both have enough inputs and outputs. The Topping is £159.99 and the SMSL M6 is £115 - both have a remote and the latter one is the 2nd revision with AK4452.

I am aware of the review of the topping unit on here, but will there be enough difference to justify the extra £45? I can't seem to find many reviews or measurements of the SMSL.

Cheers

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Dx3 is the much better unit. But the M6 is very decent if you are on a tight budget. I had one and that little thing could drive some headphones that I thought it couldnt. So I recommend the Dx3, but the M6 has a soft spot in my heart.

OP
Hunts887

Hunts887

The Dx3 is the much better unit. But the M6 is very decent if you are on a tight budget. I had one and that little thing could drive some headphones that I thought it couldnt. So I recommend the Dx3, but the M6 has a soft spot in my heart.

Interesting. Could you hear the sound difference between the 2 though do you think?

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Interesting. Could you hear the sound difference between the 2 though do you think?
I had the 1st gen M6. The Dx3 pro has more clarity, brighter sound. Cant really tell about the upgrade M6, but I guess it will sound very good, just not super refined.

Top Bottom