• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX3 Pro Headphone Output Issue

MrPeteMD

Just got this off Amazon and there seems to be an issue with the headphone out. The 3.5mm jack does not seem to make a complete stereo connection with the 3.5mm plugs of my 'phones and cables. Fully inserting a plug for a solid connection only gives me the left channel. When I pull the plug part-way out I get a mono signal, but no stereo. This issue is consistent regardless among my three 'phones with the OEM or replacement cables, although one plug is rather loose fitting in the socket. The DX3 is connected via USB to my laptop. I don't have this issue with my AQ Dragonfly V.1.5.

Any possible solutions before I return it? Thanks.

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just got this off Amazon and there seems to be an issue with the headphone out. The 3.5mm jack does not seem to make a complete stereo connection with the 3.5mm plugs of my 'phones and cables. Fully inserting a plug for a solid connection only gives me the left channel. When I pull the plug part-way out I get a mono signal, but no stereo. This issue is consistent regardless among my three 'phones with the OEM or replacement cables, although one plug is rather loose fitting in the socket. The DX3 is connected via USB to my laptop. I don't have this issue with my AQ Dragonfly V.1.5.

Any possible solutions before I return it? Thanks.
I’m glad you posted this. I have had a unit for around a month or so and just tried the headphone out as well and the same issue.

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m glad you posted this. I have had a unit for around a month or so and just tried the headphone out as well and the same issue.
Just to update you as I had the exact same issue... audio only in the left etc. I was 1 week past 30 days on amazons return policy but got them to take it back for refund. I don’t know if I should try another one or not. See to be the perfect headphone amp and feed the Adam T5V speakers on my desk.

adlsantos

I had the exact same issue. The sound was fine if I held the plug firmly into the headphone jack. I lost the right channel if I let go. There was no issue plugging the headphone directly into the laptop. I will try one more as the sound when both channels were working was much better with the Topping as compared when plugged into my Lenovo laptop.

adlsantos

I had the exact same issue. The sound was fine if I held the plug firmly into the headphone jack. I lost the right channel if I let go. There was no issue plugging the headphone directly into the laptop. I will try one more as the sound when both channels were working was much better with the Topping as compared when plugged into my Lenovo laptop.
This issue occurred with the Topping DX3 Pro+.

Top Bottom