• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping dx3 pro + dt 990

roberto96

Hello everyone!

After many sacrifices and weeks, read the information on this forum. managed to retrieve a Topping dx3 pro and the DT990 Pro.
The purchase was made to be able to hear uncompromising music and play while hearing an audio as realistic as possible.
I connected the headphones to the topping and the latter to the pc via usb, I have the latest topping drivers installed.
After this short intro, I'm trying the setup with the windows volume at 100% and the topping volume at -0.0db, I can hear an adequately high volume with the gain at +9.0, without the gain it seems to me that the audio is bass.

Am I doing something wrong? Seeing around I see people with -20db not complaining.

Many thanks in advance!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello everyone!

After many sacrifices and weeks, read the information on this forum. managed to retrieve a Topping dx3 pro and the DT990 Pro.
The purchase was made to be able to hear uncompromising music and play while hearing an audio as realistic as possible.
I connected the headphones to the topping and the latter to the pc via usb, I have the latest topping drivers installed.
After this short intro, I'm trying the setup with the windows volume at 100% and the topping volume at -0.0db, I can hear an adequately high volume with the gain at +9.0, without the gain it seems to me that the audio is bass.

Am I doing something wrong? Seeing around I see people with -20db not complaining.

Many thanks in advance!
Are you using any EQ? Is your software player set to any reduced volume?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No, i don't have any EQ and what do you mean for software player? :)
What software is on your pc to play the files? Assume the default Windows built in one? Not tidal /Spotify /foobar etc?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes it's windows media player
Been so long since I used it! Guessing that doesn't have its own volume setting as well as Windows audio main setting?

OP
R

roberto96

Been so long since I used it! Guessing that doesn't have its own volume setting as well as Windows audio main setting?

No he has not. However, the problem concerns all the audio that comes out of the pc, whether it is a video on youtube, a game or a song on spotify

Top Bottom