• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[Topping] DX3 Pro coming soon

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
A engineering sample has been shipped to me. Until then, there is no other data.

For now, I would not bet on this being better than D50. It has more features for similar price so something has to give.

derp1n

Or when you're watching videos because you loose lipsync.
That just means the playback app is broken. Handling audio latency for a/v sync is a very solved problem.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Pics or it didn't happen! :p
OK, couldn't resist: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...measurements-of-cavalli-liquid-carbon-x.4947/

index.php

Zoide

Oh man, if the ESS hump is gone this could be a killer DAC!

derp1n

derp1n

AKM4490 is good, RME made good use of it in the ADI-2 DAC and Pro.

D

Deleted member 3566

Holy shit, the black one looks sexy (was actually contemplating the silver one, but the black one blends in with the 0 black level of the OLED panel so well). I'm so ready to order this thing; just waiting for your review, amir.

Is it weird that I'm more excited for the release of the DX3Pro and the review of it, than Read Dead Redemption 2 and the Pixel 3 I ordered?

Jacona

Is the volume knob digital?
If not then there should be some obvious marking on the knob for position.

Nice! Seems to be a "smaller" unbalanced Version of the DX7s with some extra WiFi goodies.
They should now do something like a "D70", balanced DAC only without any extras for maybe 300$ish.
Oh, and an A50 with lower output impedance to match the D50.

Oh, how I wish! I've sent emails to Topping since getting my D50. Why can't there be a A50 and a PA5?? With their own acrylic shelf unit!
But some of the other commenters are likely right. Given competition, it's probably not a money maker for Topping.

Veri

Master Contributor
Have you reviewed any DAC's with the AKM4493 chip?

They're brand new, so no. Only products that I'm aware of are the upcoming Monoprice THX desktop and portable, as well as this Topping DX3 Pro. More to come but so far it's just a handful of products.

The 4490 probably got slightly cheaper with the 4493 out now, so for cheap manufacturers the 4490 is an even more attractive offering than before. AKM4493 will be premium devices only that do not opt for the 4497 flagship (which needs way more power). About the 4497, I don't believe Amir ever measured a device using it :) the SMSL M10 comes to mind. Then again, since the RME ADI-2 uses a single 4490 chip, I'm not sure the 4497 would be any better (but it is their flagship so I'm still curious...!)

Top Bottom