• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX3 Pro+ Chipset

bassboy

I want to buy a Toppoing DX3 Pro+, but I understand that there is jitter and errors due to a lesser chipset since the AKM fire. I understand that AKM is back up and running, and I'm wondering if the new Topping models have the AKMs.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I want to buy a Toppoing DX3 Pro+, but I understand that there is jitter and errors due to a lesser chipset since the AKM fire. I understand that AKM is back up and running, and I'm wondering if the new Topping models have the AKMs.
Topping is now using both AKM and ESS DAC chips in their lineup. The DX3 Pro + is an ESS device. The E30 II is AKM. The E70 comes in ESS and AKM variants.

I think you are asking do new units of the DX3 Pro + use AKM DAC chips? No

Some new Topping devices use AKM chips

OP
B

bassboy

Thank you Jimbob54 and staticV3, I appreciate your responses. At this time, it is a moot point, as I already have one on the way. I found a wifi adapter that originally came with my 2012 TV online (USB input), I will use an optical cable out from the TV to the Topping, and from there the RCA outputs to my tube integrated.

Top Bottom