• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX3 Pro+ - buy it or a comparable unit...requirements in message

ELOJR

Hi,

My 2.1 desktop system consists of Kali LP-6v2's and a SVS SB-1000 Pro. I use it professionally for evaluating music audio quality and personal enjoyment.

I listen only to red book CDs, wav files, and better.

I need a volume control, RCA outputs, and a 3.5 headphone jack. (The headphones are just for my voice work so audio quality is not important.)

Price $200 - $300.

I have been using an iFi nano and am considering changing IF I will hear an audible difference. (I've been in audio for decades and can hear subtleties, but don't want to change for change's sake.)

I've read some good reviews of the Topping DX3 Pro +.

How do you think it compares to my current iFi DAC? Do you recommend other units than this Topping one that meet my requirements?

Thanks in advance!

Ed

OP
E

ELOJR

Addition to my post....my source is a new model Apple Mac desktop.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Even thought the Topping measures much better, I don't think you'll be able to hear any difference between the iFi Nano and the DX3 Pro+ on your monitors. You might hear a difference with your headphones depending on how demanding they are and how loud you like them. Maybe buy the DX3 Pro+ from Amazon so you can send it back if you do not hear any benefit.

iFi Nano Review and Measurements: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ents-of-ifi-nano-idsd-black-dac-and-amp.4799/

DX3 Pro+ Review and Measurements: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...pping-dx3-pro-review-dac-headphone-amp.27148/

OP
E

ELOJR

Thanks, Berwhale.

Don't know if there are differences, however, my iFi is not the Black iDSD model: it's their earlier (original?) silver Nano.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you go with the dx3 pro, I've seen them recently in used excellent condition from resellers on Amazon for $150. With their store card 5 percent cash back it gets really reasonable with their free shipping. I have the DX7 Pro but haven't heard the other one yet.

Top Bottom