• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping dx1 vs d10s

MrNice13

Hi folks

I want to buy a Dac for my Douk U3 so tired to use a dongle and I'm willing to spend under 100.

I'm looking into these two.. I know that the d10s have usb bridge to another dac/amp and display but at the same time I really want to try the AKM chip in the DX1.
Which one you would choose ? Musically I don't think i'm going to hear a big difference.

Tchüss

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
D10S is a DAC, DX1 is a DAC/HPA combo. Do you need a HPA?

OP
MrNice13

MrNice13

D10S is a DAC, DX1 is a DAC/HPA combo. Do you need a HPA?
thanks @IAtaman I've ordered the last D10s that I've seen on Amazon DE.. I already got some DAC/HPA combo and and 2 or 3 chi amp so im ok for that. But the fact that I can feed my others dac/amp that accept only optical or coax was the best option for me. But ... I really would love to hear the capabilities of the dx1 akm chip but I don't things I'm going to hear a sonic difference between my NE5534, ol 1793 burr, others TI and my DIY amps.

Top Bottom