• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

Bleib

Major Contributor
"Chi-fi has one problem in general - artificially sounding through an amazing amount of feedback - because how else do they pull out such a SINAD? NF kills the naturalness of the sound."

Could any of you relate to this?
Is it BS?
Yes, it's BS. And not all chi-fi even measures very well.

alekksander

if that vol. knob controls rca outputs as well… seems like a perfect match for my wife's computer :)

Ashimaru

"Chi-fi has one problem in general - artificially sounding through an amazing amount of feedback - because how else do they pull out such a SINAD? NF kills the naturalness of the sound."

Is it BS?
Which Chi-fi?
A high SINAD means the device is transparent, you will get the purest music possible.
If they feel artificial, it means the headphones they are wearing are artificial, or they don't understand what music should sound like. They don't know what natural sound like. Or they listening artificial music.

Last edited:
OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
if that vol. knob controls rca outputs as well… seems like a perfect match for my wife's computer :)
RCA output is fixed, full scale 2.0V.

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
And Topping still cannot design something that actually looks good. Why do people froth at the mouth over this stuff? :facepalm:

Use a PCB riser. Lift up the 3.5mm socket and the LED. Bring them in line with the volume pot and the 6.35mm socket. It's not that hard.

It just looks really cheap and nasty. BTW, is the model a TP-207 or a DX-1? Nobody knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adi777

Addicted to Fun and Learning
And Topping still cannot design something that actually looks good. Why do people froth at the mouth over this stuff? :facepalm:

Use a PCB riser. Lift up the 3.5mm socket and the LED. Bring them in line with the volume pot and the 6.35mm socket. It's not that hard.

It just looks really cheap and nasty. BTW, is the model a TP-207 or a DX-1? Nobody knows.
Honestly? Let these DACs have the SINAD 150, measure the best of all, and I would not buy them anyway because of the appearance.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You mean my question?
I figured it was pointless to post a topic about it, so I wrote it here.
This thread is about the product, not about general concepts.

confucius_zero

280mW/32ohm kinda under-powered for desktop, good for perhaps a future NX dongle? Most people are used to seeing 1W/32ohm on desktop devices nowadays.

Human Bass

Is it BS?
This is BS perpetuated by American and European companies whose products perform worse while costing much more they claim they are doing things more "organically".

It's BS almost to the level of copper=warm, silver=cold

FINFET

Forum Donor
Personally I wouldn't mind appearence. It's just a little tool lying in a box converting signals. Like I wouldn't care how ugly my wrench is as long as it works.
People shouldn't have to pay for SINAD in the first place. Ports, function, quality, and appearance matter. But most of the time people pay a lot and not even getting a good SINAD, which is even sadder.

staticV3

Master Contributor
@WolfX-700 added channel imbalance measurements to his review of the DX1. Thanks, Wolf!

Supplement: ASR netizens want to see the channel balance (from 50mV, it is obvious that the potentiometer of DX1 is on the analog path) Then measure:
1663695733-RMS-Level.jpg
Looks well controlled down to about 45dB attenuation.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks, Mr. @WolfX-700 !

Anyday now the swinging panther will show up on the first page. :)

Top Bottom