• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

ArturoKiwi

I just receive it :)
This evening I'll try asap

ArturoKiwi

Congrats! So how's the first impression? Quick, tell us while it's fresh :)
I listened for an hour the dx1 with my old akg k92 and I like it very much.
Clear sound, a good voices. I hope my first iem will arrive fast :)
Tomorrow I'll check it with my hifi too

shivver

How long is the included USB cable?

ArturoKiwi

Congrats! So how's the first impression? Quick, tell us while it's fresh :)
Yesterday evening, finally, I could try to switch my M2Tech Young dac with the DX1.
So, my music chain is: Daphile, Dac, Krell HTS (preamp), NC400, Kef Reference 205.
First thing first, maybe foregone for others, but not for me: Volume knob doesn't change rca volume and so the gain lever on the back.
DX1 plays well, like it. The volume is a little less than the Young, but that it isn't a problem.

Sadly I saw that changing dac Daphile doesn't retain the Fir file, so this evenig I'll try to retrive them and try again

ArturoKiwi

This evening I tested the dx1 with the brutefir enable. Definitely better.
I still prefer and think that my m2tech young dac is better, but dx1 is very good.
I don't know measurements of young dac, so maybe is only my illusion that one is better than the other.
What I know is that dx1 costs less than others, but sounds very good

Vexed hex

Any measurements yet? I ordered one off aliexpress during their 11.11 sale. Hope I made a good choice haha. From what I was able to find it will be pretty close sound quality wise to the dx3pro+ but without all the bells and whistles and a lot less power in the amp? Which is kind of what I wanted to pair with my gaming laptop, I wanted something that did not need to be plugged into an outlet.

Vexed hex

Hmm strange that the sinad has a 2db diffrence between the channels. I wonder if this is for all units or maybe just the unit he had for testing? Toping shows 117db on their site for both channels.

Veri

Master Contributor
Hmm strange that the sinad has a 2db diffrence between the channels. I wonder if this is for all units or maybe just the unit he had for testing? Toping shows 117db on their site for both channels.
Really nothing to worry about, I'd say.. ;)

shivver

I'm very happy with it, coming from Cambridge Audio Dacmagic 100/Topping L30. It has plenty of power for my DT990 250 Omh, not going over 1/2 of volume and the sound feels more exciting that on Dacmagic 100. Sound feels clean and spacious.

Vexed hex

I'm very happy with it, coming from Cambridge Audio Dacmagic 100/Topping L30. It has plenty of power for my DT990 250 Omh, not going over 1/2 of volume and the sound feels more exciting that on Dacmagic 100. Sound feels clean and spacious.
Last night I watched a youtube video on it, it was a Russian reviewer so had to do captioning but he seemed to love it. He did measurements and everything he said he liked it more than the dx3 pro + and said it was akin to the sound quality from the dx5. Of course it lacks in amp power but still can power most things perfectly fine so im pretty excited to get mine in the mail. I ordered mine magics audio I think? Should have it by dec 7th.

Top Bottom