• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DM7 on Linux generally and Raspberry PI OS specifically

kchap

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm not saying resampling/re-clocking is never used, but normally it's a case of the DAC signalling the the PC when the DAC buffer is below a certain threshold. The PC will then signal the music source for more data when the PC buffer is below its threshold. With AES3-S/PDIF resampling/re-clocking is the only solution as it is a unidirectional link. The DAC is requesting blocks of data making it tricky to precisely determine the actual DAC clock frequency.

I would still search web for possible solutions. I could easily be wrong.

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
CamillaDSP has a rate adjust feature which can be used with asynchronous resampling when capture and playback devices have different clocks to prevent buffer under / overruns. It works well in my experience but does result in larger latency than when the capture and playback devices are clock sync'd.

Rate adjust via resampling​

When using the rate adjust feature to match capture and playback devices, one of the "Async" types must be used. These asynchronous resamplers do not rely on a fixed resampling ratio. When rate adjust is enabled the resampling ratio is dynamically adjusted in order to compensate for drifts and mismatches between the input and output sample clocks.

Michael

312elements

I'm not saying resampling/re-clocking is never used, but normally it's a case of the DAC signalling the the PC when the DAC buffer is below a certain threshold. The PC will then signal the music source for more data when the PC buffer is below its threshold. With AES3-S/PDIF resampling/re-clocking is the only solution as it is a unidirectional link. The DAC is requesting blocks of data making it tricky to precisely determine the actual DAC clock frequency.

I would still search web for possible solutions. I could easily be wrong.
Thank you

Top Bottom