• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

ea666

Mine was also shipped today from China. I’m in the UK so hopefully see the unit some time next week! Purchased through Amazon via SHENZHEN AUDIO

acmini

My D90SE just arrived today , REALLY REALLY impressed !! :oops:
The details & soundstage are awesome.
S__10362882.jpg

Cut-Throat

My D90SE just arrived today , REALLY REALLY impressed !! :oops:
The details & soundstage are awesome.

I have a D90 and I have always thought the Display of 'DAC' on the front panel was the Biggest waste of space I ever saw. That is the only thing I can read from my Listening Position. I'm surprised that Topping has not made better use of this Display.

I received my Gustard X26 Pro today, which has a Much better Display.... (Sounds much better than my D90 as well)

20210623_163919.jpg

Last edited:

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mine was also shipped today from China. I’m in the UK so hopefully see the unit some time next week! Purchased through Amazon via SHENZHEN AUDIO
How did u guys get a 10% discount through Amazon?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I have a D90 and I have always thought the Display of 'DAC' on the front panel was the Biggest waste of space I ever saw. That is the only thing I can read from my Listening Position. I'm surprised that Topping has not made better use of this Display.

I received my Gustard X26 Pro today, which has a Much better Display.... (Sounds much better than my D90 as well)

View attachment 137143
It's a different story if you want to use and see the volume level.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Hi John, i think the majority would prefer to see the bits/khz info being audio fanatics… as we listen to music we can tell/guess the volume by the loudness.
A realistic scenario would be I need to check the volume setting before playing so that don't wow myself.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
A realistic scenario would be I need to check the volume setting before playing so that don't wow myself.
Old skool potentiometers with big knobs solved that problem almost a century ago. :cool:

Reactions: 777

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ah, so I couldn't see the discount unless I have a Prime account?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Well actually LA4 has higher noise floor than D90se. Bypassing LA4 should give a better performance signal chain.
It's probably so he can switch between powered speakers and then benchmark speaker amp. Could be wrong though.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom