• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D90SE Measurements (DAC)

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Do all the units have one channel crosstalk mismatch?

IVX

Major Contributor
South of China, SHZ area, - Слава Україні

zhgutov

Do all the units have one channel crosstalk mismatch?

This is my D90SE measured with E1DA grade 0 in stereo mode.

e1da-summary.png

THD:
thd.png

IMD:
imd.png

Crosstalk:
cross.png

IMD swept:
imdswept.png

And something out of this world (custom test):
e1da-jitter.png

Crosstalk for 96 kHz up to Fs/2 (some rise below 100 Hz is probably caused by DC offset of the E1DA):
cross.png

Last edited:

zhgutov

zhgutov, I can't recommend that SW to measure THD+N and IMD, you'll get a noticeable mismatch versus AP. Only REW.
Are you speaking about the dB FS levels of the generated signals and the subsequent "normalizing" of the output levels? I think it's true. It has some options, but I don't think it is possible to adjust accurately in "automatic" mode to match more flexible devices and/or software.

But RMAA is widely used, it is thing on its own. It allows to compare devices measured with RMAA taking into account some details. You need to understand details anyway, no matter which tool you use.

You can see, I have -119.8 dB THD+N here. And this is limited by the noise of E1DA. If I run this test in mono mode I can get -121.7 dB THD+N, which is actually very close to the results of Amir.
d90se-e1da-mono.png

But this result is not so accurate anyway, because it is noise-dependent.
So, you need to understand what's going on anyway unless you are doing something like this (even AP has 123 dB of SINAD, while in this topic it is 127 dB):
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...measurement-with-e1da-cosmos-apu-notch.35288/

BTW, the current topic started with RMAA measurements. And the results are comparable, taking into account the different grades of E1DA.

Reactions: trl

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
OMG, H3 at -100db, seriously? It should be the worst 90SE ever.
Well, you were probably looking to the 16-bit/44kHz measurements, but if you look to the 24-bit/48kHz measurements you can see that 3rd harmonic (-110dB) is at a distance of about 120 db from the fundamental (+10dB) and the final SINAD is 118.2 dB which is OK given the QA401 measurement device used.

zhgutov

Another thing about the crosstalk of D90SE.

This is crosstalk of D90SE with E1DA @ 4.5 V, 1.66 kOhm:
d90se-ct-1.66-kohm.png

This is crosstalk of D90SE with E1DA @ 6.7 V, 2.46 kOhm:
d90se-ct-2.46-kohm.png

The result is the sum of the signal and the noise at the corresponding frequency, so at 4.5 V the graph is slightly lower in the middle.
But after 10 kHz there is a difference which is not the noise, but the signal from another channel.

The recorded test signals were level-matched before analysis.

This is 30 kHz -0.1 dBFS tone in the left channel recorded @ 1.66 kOhm:
ct30khz.png

(this one is -0.6 dBFS actually because the input were slightly overloaded, but the result is the same)

This is 30 kHz -0.1 dBFS tone in the left channel recorded @ 2.46 kOhm:
ct30khz.png

zhgutov

UPD.

The crosstalk at -127 dB for 30 kHz looks like some kind of signal cancellation.
Probably my E1DA has very close crosstalk for 6.7V with the inverted phase relative to D90SE.
And the crosstalk of 10V mode looks like the crosstalk of 4.5V mode.

I checked this manually by loading one channel with ~2.5 kOhm and recording the signal
of another channel with the different device with ~2.5 kOhm too.
I used 20 kHz test signal and got the same -117 dB crosstalk for both L->R and R->L.

And this is the graph with another ADC (Lake People RS04 recording both channels) to support the idea:
ct20khz.png

So I suppose the crosstalk measurements shown here are good:
https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/topping-d90se-d90le/

After spending some time with E1DA I think it is not as good as it seems.
At least it requires close attention because it hides lots of surprises :)

Top Bottom