• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D90LE Filter question

Earthbound

Thanks for the reply. Well that’s too bad. The stock Denon 1600ne dac sounds considerably better than the Topping. I will keep it going for awhile and hope for the best.

Earthbound

I just wanted to add that when the Topping is used with a Cambridge cxn v2, it sounds fantastic. Not sure why the it didn’t pair as well with the Denon, but enjoying it with the streamer. Sound is very detailed, improved dynamics and very natural sounding. Focusing on the drums on the Smiths, This Night Has Opened My Eyes, you can hear the peddle almost bounce on the skin. Very detailed not just a one dimensional drum sound. The bass also shows levels of detail. When I switched to my tube dac, much less clarity. It is heading to the sales department! I realize I prefer the solid state dac with the tube amp.
P.S. I apologize for hijacking’s this thread.

Streamc

I just wanted to add that when the Topping is used with a Cambridge cxn v2, it sounds fantastic. Not sure why the it didn’t pair as well with the Denon, but enjoying it with the streamer. Sound is very detailed, improved dynamics and very natural sounding. Focusing on the drums on the Smiths, This Night Has Opened My Eyes, you can hear the peddle almost bounce on the skin. Very detailed not just a one dimensional drum sound. The bass also shows levels of detail. When I switched to my tube dac, much less clarity. It is heading to the sales department! I realize I prefer the solid state dac with the tube amp.
P.S. I apologize for hijacking’s this thread.
How did you connected Topping to Denon?

Earthbound

Denon ditigal coaxial out into the Topping coaxial digital in. Perhaps not the greatest quality Jack? Also, it was plugged there first right out of the box. So, perhaps my ears werent adjusted. I stream 99% of the time and am happy with the sold state sound. I think I want to sell the streamer and Topping for a single unit Matrix X Sabre 3. The Topping was an experiment to see which, tube vs ss, I would like better. I would prefer less wires and power cords.

KeithPhantom

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Those time domain measurements show “ripple” before or after the response, but all of it is at very high frequencies (like 20kHz) and at a very low level. Does not matter for practical terms and it is just a consequence of bandlimiting.

Top Bottom