• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D90: What is Purpose of Digital Filters?

Thalis

Not sure I can explain in writing what "jitter" means in my experience. It is more like an intermittent cut-out, not skipping. Almost like if you were attaching speaker wire to terminals and had not yet made a good connection. I've done all I can do on my computer (updated, uninstalled / reinstalled, removed various software) but it's hard to trace or diagnose. Thanks again.

Have you tried running a latency test? I had the same problem and sorted it out by doing optimisation. My OS is Win 7.

matts19

Sorry for my ignorance, but if we have to limit bandwidth in the ultrasonic frequency range via filter, then shouldn't NOS DAC be subjected to this rule also? NOS DAC also surely generates image beyond Nyquist frequency, no ?

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry for my ignorance, but if we have to limit bandwidth in the ultrasonic frequency range via filter, then shouldn't NOS DAC be subjected to this rule also? NOS DAC also surely generates image beyond Nyquist frequency, no ?

In true NOS DACs (not the one's from RME AKM or any AKM with super slow roll-off and Denafrips with NOS filter coefficients), the filtering is done purely in the analog domain beyond Nyquist frequency rather than digital domain (dithering and noise shaping)

Top Bottom