• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D90 Question (Cable related)

PresbyByrd

Forum Donor
I love the dac. It's just more musical than anything I have ever heard. The highs sparkle, the midranges grip you and the lows are as controlled and tight as I have ever heard.

Just having fun, except the part about loving the dac, and I really do have a question:

It says in the manual that you can use both balanced and single ended at the same time. Presently, I have my D90 functioning as a preamp and feeding an Adam Sub 10 that is daisy chained to another Adam Sub 10. The way Adam has it set up, when daisy chained, the master controls both. I would like to experiment with different settings on the second sub, but am somewhat limited in outputs. Is 15' RCA connection too long? Could that actually degrade the sound? My gut says no, but I am an electronic dope.

Thanks,
Chip

ReaderZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I love the dac. It's just more musical than anything I have ever heard. The highs sparkle, the midranges grip you and the lows are as controlled and tight as I have ever heard.

Just having fun, except the part about loving the dac, and I really do have a question:

It says in the manual that you can use both balanced and single ended at the same time. Presently, I have my D90 functioning as a preamp and feeding an Adam Sub 10 that is daisy chained to another Adam Sub 10. The way Adam has it set up, when daisy chained, the master controls both. I would like to experiment with different settings on the second sub, but am somewhat limited in outputs. Is 15' RCA connection too long? Could that actually degrade the sound? My gut says no, but I am an electronic dope.

Thanks,
Chip

15' is fine for RCA. But RCA and XLR output level are not matched, you will have to work on that.

OP
P

PresbyByrd

Forum Donor
Hey, thanks for that. I didn't even think about matching. Could I use an SPL meter to do that?

Top Bottom