• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

MRphotography

So there is 100% a drop in audio at the beginning of a song on my playlist as it’s changing audio format from say 44 to 96 88 or 192 via Qobuz who else is using Qobuz that is experiencing this?

MRphotography

Not here. Qobuz here too.

Are you on Mac or PC? Can you share with me your Qobuz playback settings please? Even more weird is the song I am listening to is 192 and instead of the D90 changing to that quality it’s stuck at 44.1khz

Puska

Roon core on nuc7i3bnh powered with Teddy Pardo 19v. Sotm sms 200 ultra Neo with Sbooster networked Roon.

MRphotography

Roon core on nuc7i3bnh powered with Teddy Pardo 19v. Sotm sms 200 ultra Neo with Sbooster networked Roon.

ok that’s why you don’t get it Roon or Audirvana fix this issue but native through the DAC and Qobuz it won’t. I will just get Audirvana

Last edited:

Angstrom

For Qobuz app, I sent in a bug report on a couple of issues that were going on around this with the native Qobuz app on the Macintosh.

MRphotography

How you use qobuz app with d90?

I am using the D90 with a Mac OS X with Qobuz connected via USB with SP200 THX connected via XLR, I bit the bullet and bought Audirvana last night and now the audible drops have stopped. That or a Roon is the only work around I know of to rid yourself of audible drops using Qobuz when the track quality changes.

Bratsson

Ok..... Here's the deal....
I got my D90 and i'm feeding it with me Nuprime CDT-8 Pro Cd-Transport with I2S-out.
It only works when DSD Flag setting is to pin 14, and then it will only play DSD.
If i switch to DSD Flag 15, DSD sounds horrible and PCM will not play.

Pin 14: DSD works, PCM shows sample rate but no sound.
Pin 15: DSD sounds horrible. PCM shows sample rate but no sound.

I2S_spec-800x242.png
What can be wrong?

GeorgeWalk

Ok..... Here's the deal....
I got my D90 and i'm feeding it with me Nuprime CDT-8 Pro Cd-Transport with I2S-out.
It only works when DSD Flag setting is to pin 14, and then it will only play DSD.
If i switch to DSD Flag 15, DSD sounds horrible and PCM will not play.

Pin 14: DSD works, PCM shows sample rate but no sound.
Pin 15: DSD sounds horrible. PCM shows sample rate but no sound.

View attachment 52385What can be wrong?
Maybe I'm misreading this, but I it looks like pin 15 is NC "No Connection". Only Pin 14 is "DSD On"

Top Bottom