• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D70s vs SMSL SU-9

tonimccloud

Hi everyone, I'm also trying to find a good dac that works ok with my burson conductor 160d amp (and lsa hp2 ultra headphones). And I don't know which one to purchase: smsl su-9, topping d70s mqa or Gustard x16. I've tried with ifi zen signature v2 and sound was very very good for me, but I need bt and optical input. Any suggestions? Regards

Noob

Hi everyone, I'm also trying to find a good dac that works ok with my burson conductor 160d amp (and lsa hp2 ultra headphones). And I don't know which one to purchase: smsl su-9, topping d70s mqa or Gustard x16. I've tried with ifi zen signature v2 and sound was very very good for me, but I need bt and optical input. Any suggestions? Regards
I don't know about the connectivity of the Gustard and SU-9, but the Topping has Bluetooth and optical, and sounds very good. I have had mine for a while, and really like it.

alpha_logic

I have the Topping D70s, and I bought it because vs the other Dacs mentioned, and some others in the sub 1000 pricerange, the D70s has the cleanest design: High capacitance, High quality caps, short signal paths, and an excellent power supply. Oh - and a dual mono design - two AKM 4497 chips, as opposed to just one ES9038PRO on the SU-9 , the Gustard also being a dual-mono design.

Gorancho

Topping d70s is better dac than those mentioned, that is fact. It works with linux plug and play, no need for new drivers or anything. I use it with volumio (linux), it is flawless. On the other hand i had problems with win 10. So topping on linux gets my recommendation.

Top Bottom