• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D70s bricked, no help

ol_mcdonald

I purchased a Topping D70s DAC from Apos Audio and immediately started having playback problems. Stalling, tracks play with no audio, one channel only and failing to play continuously any playlist. I contacted topping via tpdz.net and was sent a link to the newer firmware and downloaded it and installed successfully per computer. Worked better but still not 100%. Shut down that night and was working when I shut it down. Next day a message appears saying incorrect firmware version….which was what they sent.

I was told to reinstall and it had zero effect. Now I am in limbo as no one from Topping or Apos Audio is responding. I am still within their 45 day return period tho now I find out after 14 days they charge a 20% re stocking fee…on a defective product??!

I am wholly and totally dis satisfied with the lack of service provided by both. I now have a brick and no one will help. The fact you have to communicate with China is a barrier also, even tho Apos boasts about being an American company in California. @JohnYang1997 can you be of any assistance?

TIA for any input or assistance getting me up and running again. FWIW I am feeding it via usb from my iPad in preamp/XLR mode.

Last edited:

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If Apos does not respond then dispute it with your credit card bank.

OP
ol_mcdonald

ol_mcdonald

OP
ol_mcdonald

ol_mcdonald

OP
ol_mcdonald

ol_mcdonald

Weeb Labs

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I purchased a Topping D50s DAC from Apos Audio and immediately started having playback problems. Stalling, tracks play with no audio, one channel only and failing to play continuously any playlist. I contacted topping via tpdz.net and was sent a link to the newer firmware and downloaded it and installed successfully per computer. Worked better but still not 100%. Shut down that night and was working when I shut it down. Next day a message appears saying incorrect firmware version….which was what they sent.

I was told to reinstall and it had zero effect. Now I am in limbo as no one from Topping or Apos Audio is responding. I am still within their 45 day return period tho now I find out after 14 days they charge a 20% re stocking fee…on a defective product??!

I am wholly and totally dis satisfied with the lack of service provided by both. I now have a brick and no one will help. The fact you have to communicate with China is a barrier also, even tho Apos boasts about being an American company in California. @JohnYang1997 can you be of any assistance?

TIA for any input or assistance getting me up and running again. FWIW I am feeding it via usb from my iPad in preamp/XLR mode.
The 45-day policy pertains to returns resulting from change of mind. For defective items, there is a separate policy.

OP
ol_mcdonald

ol_mcdonald

Weeb Labs

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am still within their 45 day return period tho now I find out after 14 days they charge a 20% re stocking fee…on a defective product??!
I was responding to this question, which seemed to imply that you were unsure.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
What do you expect from this thread titled “Topping D50s bricked, no help” ?

Let me suggest another route to take. Request this thread be closed and deleted. Then send a PM to @JohnYang1997 and ask him for assistance with resolving this problem. So far you have rejected every reply and this thread is starting to sound like a product trashing thread. A private conversation with a Topping Rep will be more effective than this. :oops:

OP
ol_mcdonald

ol_mcdonald

What do you expect from this thread titled “Topping D50s bricked, no help” ?

Let me suggest another route to take. Request this thread be closed and deleted. Then send a PM to @JohnYang1997 and ask him for assistance with resolving this problem. So far you have rejected every reply and this thread is starting to sound like a product trashing thread. A private conversation with a Topping Rep will be more effective than this. :oops:
A proper reply from someone would help. I didn’t bash the product but I am the service. I tagged John Yang, so there.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
You started this thread only a few hours ago and John is in an entirely different time zone. Give him a chance to reply. Your thread title is not product bashing? :facepalm:

OP
ol_mcdonald

ol_mcdonald

You started this thread only a few hours ago and John is in an entirely different time zone. Give him a chance to reply. Your thread title is not product bashing? :facepalm:
Did I state anything that wasn’t true? No. I’ve been dealing with this for 3 weeks now. My patience is short when I pays me money!

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
Apos was responsive to my inquiries and my recent return request. I am surprised you are not getting any response.

I do notice that my recent request to do live chat was not successful. They typically have people responding to live chats. I still got a response via email the next day.

I hope you get someone to respond soon.

OP
ol_mcdonald

ol_mcdonald

Still no reply and why I’ve always bought at bricks and mortar stores. I owned and operated a business for 35 years and to my knowledge never provided a sub par or days late response to a customer inquiry or complaint. And it doesn’t make a tinkers damn what industry it was it only takes a few minutes if that to respond in some way if just to say go pound salt.

I can’t get a refund because I screwed around with Toppings tech help half a world away too long and now my only option is an upgrade, which would be an option if anybody would respond. At this point I’d just like to wash my hands of APOS, my last resort is to dispute the transaction, let them sort it out and buy local if that’s what it comes to.

Top Bottom