• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D70 DAC

dannylin

guys, there's no bluetooth support for the D70 , correct?
I thought I saw someone mention about bluetooth but just check on their web site and there doesn't seem to have bluetooth support.

AresHarvest

No bluetooth on the D70. There is BT on the D50s, if you can do without the balanced output.

dannylin

Do you guys know why its coaxial / optical / AES inputs didn’t support DSD?

Snafu

guys, there's no bluetooth support for the D70 , correct?
I thought I saw someone mention about bluetooth but just check on their web site and there doesn't seem to have bluetooth support.

There is an upcoming model D70S that has BT, don't know when it comes out.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
6349c313f9f50b16.png
Got this dx7pro measurement from topping. (reminder: this should be A weighted so subtract about 3db to compare to Amir's measurements)

Last edited:

bequietjk

distortion+noise much different compared to Amir's measurements...

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Oh that's dx7pro. Forgot to mention. Otherwise I wouldn't even bother to post.
That is almost SOTA. Just need the headphone amp to behave....
And we may have a new price/ performace champ.
Been waiting for it for the longest time since late March.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
This does look like Topping's Sabaj D5 killer from that measurement!

They should be more or less on par for performance as far as something build to a price will go. But the Topping one probably has a few extra features such as a dedicated 2.5mm TRRS output and BT 5.0 connectivity. And costs more.

So there is still some viability for the D5 if buyers are price sensitive.

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
View attachment 33018Got this dx7pro measurement from topping. (reminder: this should be A weighted so subtract about 3db to compare to Amir's measurements)

What Amir measured:
index.php

Seems that the main difference would be the mains hum. Unless this was induced by Amir's desk/table and surrounding power supplies, then maybe it was something that occurred in Amir's D70 unit only.

L.E.: Just saw @JohnYang1997's post, so this is the DX7 PRO actually, so striking the above sentence.

Jezlar

The DX7s has stellar DAC performance and includes a good headphone amplifier. The D70 will be in the same case but you loose the headphone amplifier and gain Bluetooth and I2S.

If the performance is significantly better, which would probably make it the best measuring DAC so far, that would certainly make the D70 more desirable. But if performance is a mixed bag compared to the DX7s, then I can't imagine paying more for the D70.

The D70 would have to match the Massdrop THX AAA 789 amp in SINAD for it to be compelling to me. And even then I would have a hard time justifying spending twice as much on a DAC for a given Amp.
Do you or anyone else know how the D70 will pair with a Schiit Jotunheim (no DAC card installed)?

yodog

Anyone know if the Topping D70 Bluetooth Version has the same SNR and performance as the non-Bluetooth version?

Tks

Major Contributor
Do you or anyone else know how the D70 will pair with a Schiit Jotunheim (no DAC card installed)?

Well the DAC will be bottlenecked by the amp. But to answer your question, it will pair pretty good as it's a very well performing DAC in any case.

Anyone know if the Topping D70 Bluetooth Version has the same SNR and performance as the non-Bluetooth version?

No real reason to think it wouldn't have the same performance.

Top Bottom