• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D70 DAC

GTsmokeya84

Forum Donor
I could not wait so i ordered it. Topping has done a very good job as of late so I have some faith this turned out at least decent. Plus I am dying to hear the akm chipset on my Paradigm Persona's.

GTsmokeya84

Forum Donor
SMSL M300 use dual AK4497
The M300 was another consideration but it uses usb power and I didnt like its form factor. The Topping D70 just looks like a real Dac not some novelty unit. I think smsl can do better with presentation and features they do not always have to shoot for the $250 price point.

To the two guys in this thread who ordered already, please report real world usage soonest!

I'll keep it under the magnifying glass and I'll report you how it work. If will be in a blue zone of sinad, for me will be almost perfect.

typericey

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
SMSL M300 use dual AK4497

Single AK4497, powered off USB with some reporting that isn't enough current. Note that SMSL as been inconsistent. The M10 using the AK chip was reviewed here with weak measurements.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
guys can this decode MQA? I've recently got in to Tidal Masters. Thank you.
No. But you can just as easily have the MQA decoding happen inside the player. That is how I do it (with Tidal through Roon).

DeepSpace57

No. But you can just as easily have the MQA decoding happen inside the player. That is how I do it (with Tidal through Roon).

Thank you for reviewing SU-8 and D 70 and your effort!

Considering the results that you published, D70 seems to be outperforming SU-8. Aside from those, I am just wondering about your valuable opinions regarding the sonically benefits of D70 over SU-8 in terms of instrumental separation, soundstage and clarity of presentation.

bequietjk

Soo my KTB died today. The white LED will come on for a second and then it shuts off... And along with it my Singxer F-1 won't carry a signal T.T

Looks like I'll be ordering this baby sooner than later... well to be honest, relatively the same time I was planning on buying it anyway xD

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Soo my KTB died today. The white LED will come on for a second and then it shuts off... And along with it my Singxer F-1 won't carry a signal T.T

Looks like I'll be ordering this baby sooner than later... well to be honest, relatively the same time I was planning on buying it anyway xD
How long have you owned it? Can't be that long.

bequietjk

@frogmeat69 Sorry, let me be clear. KTB died due to user failure.

Down the line I was powering an iFi iDefender externally with 9V by accident (thought it was 5V), connected to a Singxer F-1 finally connected to my KTB. The Singxer (I believe) fried, and the Khadas went with it. Singxer will power up but won't carry a signal, and the Tone Board will light up only for a second and dies.

Do not do what I did lol.

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@frogmeat69 Sorry, let me be clear. KTB died due to user failure.

Down the line I was powering an iFi iDefender externally with 9V by accident (thought it was 5V), connected to a Singxer F-1 finally connected to my KTB. The Singxer (I believe) fried, and the Khadas went with it. Singxer will power up but won't carry a signal, and the Tone Board will light up only for a second and dies.

Do not do what I did lol.
Ouch, bummer, sorry to hear that.

Top Bottom