• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D50s noob

Andy831

I am a newbie to this digital Hi Fi and extra new to Chinese stuff so go gently with me.

I have a Topping D50s which I am trying to use as a simple DAC between Cambridge Cxc cd transport and an Innuos Zen Mini and a Tron Seven Preamp and Border Patrol 300b power amps.

No matter which input I use whether it is coax, optical or USB I only seem to get a signal through the left channel, although if I swop back to my Beresford Caiman DAC both channels are fine.

I would normally assume a technical problem with the Topping, but exactly the same phenomena was displayed when I tried to use a friends Topping E30 Mkii, which makes me think it's a set up / configuration mismatch rather than a technical problem.

If anyone has experienced this and can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Andy

OP
A

Andy831

Thanks Berwhale.

Pure stupidity, it was simply a cable that had come adrift between the Tron Pre amp and the mono block power amps.

Andy

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks Berwhale.

Pure stupidity, it was simply a cable that had come adrift between the Tron Pre amp and the mono block power amps.

Andy

It happens to the best (and the worst) of us :)

FYI - There is an issue with D50s where it shuts down if it's only receiving a digital signal on one channel. It's not an issue during normal usage, but has caught a few of us out when trying to run sine wave sweeps in REW to measure left and right speakers independently...

Top Bottom