• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D50s insufficient gain

OP
W

willy65000

All of the streaming services that i have used have a feature that makes the level of all songs equal. It sounds like that's what replay gain does.

My room is probably 400 sq ft with 8ft ceilings and openings to a hallway and other rooms.

The speakers are rated at around 89db efficiency if i recall but actually measured to be even less than that by a couple of db.

The truth is i don't listen at high volume levels regularly and could probably live with the volume that it pays at 90% of the time but there are times that i like to cut loose with some Zeppelin. Black sabbath, Rush ect...

gvl

Major Contributor
Did you try to turn volume normalization off in the streaming apps you use?

gvl

Major Contributor
It can/will lower the volume on many albums.

Zenzedi

I installed a D50s and it's alright cutting out on the left speaker then the sound will stop while the my AIMP is playing ... Is the D50s a good Dac ?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I installed a D50s and it's alright cutting out on the left speaker then the sound will stop while the my AIMP is playing ... Is the D50s a good Dac ?

Unplug and reconnect everything. If that doesnt sort, use a different source other than the D50, if still get drops, not the DAC. If dont get drops, your particular D50 is poorly.

Roshanjk

hello to all. I've been doing some reading here lately and decided to purchase a D50s to pair with my Adcom gfa 555 for my 2 channel setup. I enjoy the sound of the dac and it's bluetooth performance is surprisingly impressive. As the title of my thread states I'm dissatisfied with how the D50s drives the Adcom as a preamp. It doesn't seem to have enough output voltage. Any suggestions on a possible solution to my problem. Perhaps another reasonably priced product that i could go with instead or in addition to the D50s.

thank you
I too have Topping D 50s and am experiencing low volume issues . I read your posts here hoping that there will be a solution for this . So looks like the only solution for this is to buy another DAC with higher output voltage ? Thanks.

Top Bottom