• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D50s Bluetooth volume control

beanxinh

Hi,

I have a Topping D50s and when I stream music from my phone to the D50s using Bluetooth I can't control the volume using the phone volume. I can change the Bluetooth volume just fine with other Bluetooth device (es100, btr3, Qdenix 5k, SMSL M300 and Oriolus 1795).
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank

Not sure if the D50s does this (the D90 does), but you may be able to enter the settings and set to “DAC only” mode instead of “DAC + PREAMP”

Rock Rabbit

Remember that when first paired phone volume could be set auto at max volume. Try lowering volume, expand volume menu options (in YouTube or music player). Then you can control the "sending" volume and can't control the volume setting on D50s

OP
B

beanxinh

Not sure if the D50s does this (the D90 does), but you may be able to enter the settings and set to “DAC only” mode instead of “DAC + PREAMP”
Sorry for the late reply but I can't find that option on the A50s :(
Remember that when first paired phone volume could be set auto at max volume. Try lowering volume, expand volume menu options (in YouTube or music player). Then you can control the "sending" volume and can't control the volume setting on D50s
The issue is that outside any playback program when I push the volume buttons it only change system volume. It is quite inconvenience when trying to change the volume in the middle of the night without turn on the screen and login to my phone.

Shampton

I am going through the same struggle with the new topping d70s. Can’t control volume from phone when connected via Bluetooth in both “dac only” and “dac+pre” mode. The D70S is flawless otherwise.

I have the Topping BC3 and the Bluetooth volume can indeed be adjusted from the phone. I just figured the $650 dac would have the same abilities as Topping’s BC3 ($70).

This is kind of a deal breaker for me as I enjoy listening from other rooms where I’m unable to point a remote at the d70s. I would have been completely content with just using the BC3, but the range isn’t the best. I love the range of the Bluetooth on the D70S. I wonder if this is Bluetooth volume issue was done on purpose or if it could be added to the device via firmware?

That being said, does anyone know of a balanced output Bluetooth DAC that allows you to adjust the bluetooth volume from the iPhone/iPad??

Thanks!

djgodlike

I'm using my topping d70s in my setup. When I don't want to use the my picore Qobuz LMS plugin for finding new music.. I sometimes use a Bluetooth connection with the android Qobuz App. Then to control the volume I use this Samsung galaxy android app 'SoundAssistent' to control the per app volume ('mute' will still work with the hardware volume buttons). The app even has some cool other features and eq..
Screenshot_20220316-225129_Brave.jpg
https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.soundassistant

Last edited:
Top Bottom