• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

sindri1980

I'm not so sure about that. You can also allow both options simultaneously.
My e1da 9038s gen 2 works in uac1 with the ps5/Switch, plus still supports higher resolutions in my pc.

sindri1980

That would be great @JohnYang1997!
From what I read in different forums online, a lot of gamers are struggling to find a compatible DACs that work natively with these new consoles that don't have Toslink outputs anymore.
I think it could be a great market for Topping if their DACs were made compatible :)
Please keep us posted and thanks for looking into it!

krips

Hey guys. I am having trouble getting my new D30 Pro and my XLS1502 working. My setup is TV Optical -> D30 -> XLR to Crown -> Speakon out. Everything is new minus speakers so there are a lot of variables. Do I have to select XLR out on the D30? Maybe it defaults to RCA?

aandres_gm

Hey guys. I am having trouble getting my new D30 Pro and my XLS1502 working. My setup is TV Optical -> D30 -> XLR to Crown -> Speakon out. Everything is new minus speakers so there are a lot of variables. Do I have to select XLR out on the D30? Maybe it defaults to RCA?
Default is RCA + XLR.

robpap

We are preparing a firmware update. Hopefully it will fix the 384KHz play back issue for everyone.

For those who are thinking returning the unit, I'm not here to say these things to stop you from returning. You gotta do what you gotta do. If you believe in us, you can hold on to it and wait for the update.

Thank you very much for giving news. Do you know why some of us are not experiencing any issues (like in my case) while others do?
Are all the chipsets on the boards the same through serial numbers?

Bests
-R

P.S. It happened to me that we ordered 100 laptops with consecutive serial numbers directly from a very famous company but the chipsets on the motherboards were not the same (indeed the image of the Linux installation failed on some of them).

Last edited:

Volikovvv

I own d30 pro/a30 pro stack and it is great! But just of curiosity, is there Topping d90 pro dac in development?

razamanaz

In CS43198 data sheet poor 16 bit performance.
Strange that the manufacturer does not oversampling to avoid the problem. I need to do oversampling in Windows ?

Veri

Master Contributor
Strange that the manufacturer does not oversampling to avoid the problem. I need to do oversampling in Windows ?
Oversampling has nothing to do with bit depth.

razamanaz

paraphrase ;)
Strange that the manufacturer does not increasing bit depth to avoid the problem. I need to do increasing bit depth in Windows ?

Veri

Master Contributor
Strange that the manufacturer does not increasing bit depth to avoid the problem. I need to do increasing bit depth in Windows ?
I feel like you're missing the point though. 16-bit source has 96dB resolution, possibly a bit more with proper dithering. You cannot magically "increase" that bit depth to 24-bit, can't invent what's not there. The 16-bit performance in datasheet is just realistic.

In any case, nothing to worry about...

razamanaz

OK,
If I decrease the volume by 20dB on a 16-bit signal, will I get THD + N -74dB or -94dB?
2021-05-23_133339.jpg

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We are preparing a firmware update. Hopefully it will fix the 384KHz play back issue for everyone.

For those who are thinking returning the unit, I'm not here to say these things to stop you from returning. You gotta do what you gotta do. If you believe in us, you can hold on to it and wait for the update.
Has the new firmware been released and if so what is its rev number
Thanks

Top Bottom