• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Sray

I had similar experience with a specific DAC before. But the symptom is more critical. Noise happened even on 44.1k over USB. I checked all aspects including software and hardware, cables and power but all of them didn’t help. I replaced the device twice but no luck. So, I returned it.

I think, sometimes, the device is just not for you.

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Guys, sorry if the answer is here among the 45 previous pages.

I've bought a D30 Pro because it was a big discount few days ago.

Then I was searching what DAC inside, found 4 Cirrus Logic CS43198. If I go to the spec here, the DAC has a SINAD at -115dB. Ho Topping can achieve something higher in their equipment? Is there because Topping using each DAC in mono and only for one side of the signal?

Veri

Master Contributor
Then I was searching what DAC inside, found 4 Cirrus Logic CS43198. If I go to the spec here, the DAC has a SINAD at -115dB. How Topping can achieve something higher in their equipment? Is there because Topping using each DAC in mono and only for one side of the signal?
Yep. They are summing outputs of each mono DAC chip part for better performance. Some dongles have two of those chips, this desktop class product features four, for superlative performance compared to even the best CS43198 dongle-type device.

Makauu171

Got my D30 Pro today, and so far I am very happy with it, no problems at all, at least with for my applications. got it for 300 dollars too!

usern

Where did you get your D30pro at discount price?

Last edited:

Toku

Major Contributor
Amazon in Japan sells the Topping D30 Pro for around €310 / US $370.

Toku

Major Contributor
My D30 Pro was defective and was eventually returned to Toppng. The shop will let me know if the cause is known.
Can you tell me the first 4 digits of the D30 Pro serial number you received? (feg. 2011, 2012)

raif71

Major Contributor
I live in the Philippines and I bought it from shopee, it's kinda like aliexpress where items are shipped directly from china. There was a seller who sold it for 16000 php ~330 dollars, then I used some coupons I had which brought it down to 320
Yes, I saw this too at Shopee in Malaysia (yes coming from china) but I'm waiting for my local audio store to get it.

Makauu171

My D30 Pro was defective and was eventually returned to Toppng. The shop will let me know if the cause is known.
Can you tell me the first 4 digits of the D30 Pro serial number you received? (feg. 2011, 2012)
Mine has a 2012 starting numbers on the serial.

Makauu171

Yes, I saw this too at Shopee in Malaysia (yes coming from china) but I'm waiting for my local audio store to get it.
It will probably sell for a higher price at local stores but at least warrantee is a guarantee with local purchases

Makauu171

So I just discovered something, when the D30pro is set to RCA+XLR out which enables both outputs at the same time, I get really bad distortion from the RCA out. But when set to RCA out only, the distortion completely goes away. Is that something to be worried about or is that something that is not uncommon with DAC's that can output both XLR and RCA at once?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So I just discovered something, when the D30pro is set to RCA+XLR out which enables both outputs at the same time, I get really bad distortion from the RCA out. But when set to RCA out only, the distortion completely goes away. Is that something to be worried about or is that something that is not uncommon with DAC's that can output both XLR and RCA at once?
It's not on my D70.

x819

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

Received my D30 pro today from Apos Audio, the packaging is damaged, as if's torn apart by a gorilla. As I inspect further I noticed a scratch on the shell, probably caused by a knife or scissor. This package is obviously opened by someone else in a brutal way

Update: it's US custom

Last edited:
Top Bottom