• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Veri

Master Contributor
it must be for around 8.5 USD, Google it LOL. Please tell us how much does the building of such device cost in total, then? Do you really have such a brave to declare?

All here respect the devices that are measured well by Amir, like D30pro. On the other hand, Noone should be judged through ‘weird sentences’ By a manufacturer, I believe. Please, please do not respond to me!!! All can deduce something from what has been meant here on their way. The End!
I have no idea what you're trying to convey here. You yourself made the 'dirt cheap' claim. Let's just drop this matter anyway, I feel like we're not going anywhere constructive ..

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Based on my feeling which derives from their refusal to announce pricing, coupled with sending in an apparently pre-production unit for review to build anticipation.

I'll be glad to be proven wrong of course.
I feel a bit weird about this too. Still no info on pricing and release date. If it was a production unit we should know by now.

jimid111

Topping clearly know how to use this website to create buzz around their products

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Topping clearly know how to use this website to create buzz around their products
It would be better if you can buy the product already isn't it? Why would I want to delay you from getting it? There was a whole Chinese new year holiday. We are just getting back on track.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
probably. the dac and headphone amplifier market has become an ergonomics and feature game between topping and smsl now. the transducers are where differentiation happens. hence why the forum is arguing about headphone preference curves and people are hunting for great budget speakers now.
I wonder how this translates into the real market place, though. How many still trust the subjective reviewers and ignore measurements? Are there any industry sales numbers available?

mkawa

umm 8.5 x 4 is NOT a cheap dac. other dacs based on single 4313 which is same price are running at 100$

kiyu

I feel a bit weird about this too. Still no info on pricing and release date. If it was a production unit we should know by now.
I've asked "topping " on facebook and they told me that the D30Pro and A30 pro will be released next month, ( should be in march) but no specific day.
Also asked for the price and they told me " Please rest assured that it will be a competitive price. In fact, all our products have been priced in this way, so this time there will be no exception. " .
I guess we will have to wait 2 weeks or around that. I was hoping for D30pro + A30 pro + Balance cable, around 400$ but now I don't know maybe that's not realistic...

Rockfella

Forum Donor
I am thinking if I should upgrade from my FiiO K5 pro now lol

Vini darko

Major Contributor
I've asked "topping " on facebook and they told me that the D30Pro and A30 pro will be released next month, ( should be in march) but no specific day.
Also asked for the price and they told me " Please rest assured that it will be a competitive price. In fact, all our products have been priced in this way, so this time there will be no exception. " .
I guess we will have to wait 2 weeks or around that. I was hoping for D30pro + A30 pro + Balance cable, around 400$ but now I don't know maybe that's not realistic...
I would expect more like $600

kiyu

I would expect more like $600

I guess I will wait for Khadas tone 2 pro, to fix the filter issue and go with that one lol :p
the idea is to get a Gold Planar gl2000 not sure if expending 600$ will be justified... for 650$ headphones

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
The cost of building this.

Some of that will be the chips used.

Some will be the more general electronics (power supply, etc.).

Some will be the...what shall we call it? The acquired and matured knowledge as to what work and what doesn’t.

Wherever we are now, the price of the DAC chips is reducing, and the knowledge on how to create a good ‘un is improving, too.

And we’re getting near the limit. Whichever way you look at it, if this isn’t it, it’s not far off.

A DAC chips which costs the same but is a hundred times ‘better’ isn’t going to sound much better, if at all.

Similar things are happening with amps.

So forget about 4, or even 5 figure turntables, and pricier monoblocks.

We’re approaching a stage where, if you get your music from digital (streaming/CD rips), you’ll need a £100-£200 DAC, a £200 amp, and the only choice for a big spend in speakers and headphones.

I might be wrong.

Discuss.

pos

Forum Donor
There was a whole Chinese new year holiday. We are just getting back on track.
Oh so you are back from Holiday!
Then I'd love to have more details on the question I listed two weeks ago: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...review-balanced-dac.20259/page-14#post-669512
Particularly the DC value, the idle draw, as well as an idea of the voltage (and maybe spectral distribution) of the on/off/sync click.

I would also additionally love to see the magnitude and phase responses of the new filters at 44.1k, 48k, as well as 96k and 192k sample rates, .

Thanks!

Does anyone know if this will have an input sensing auto-standby/auto-shutoff? I tried to skim through the thread but I didn't see it.

raif71

Major Contributor
March of the A30 Pro and D30 Pro ...

Last edited:

parnold

Just got a E30 to use as a DAC & pre-amp (Apple TV 4K HD -> HDMI -> TV -> Optical -> E30) for my Genelec G4's, telling myself I don't need this...... RIGHT?

PyramidElectric

Just got a E30 to use as a DAC & pre-amp (Apple TV 4K HD -> HDMI -> TV -> Optical -> E30) for my Genelec G4's, telling myself I don't need this...... RIGHT?
I think unless you have balanced inputs on the speakers, and/or you really want a volume control on the DAC itself (vs just the remote) then I really don't think you need this :)

Top Bottom