• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
The review looks fantastic.

Can we be clear on this? Is there actually any point buying anything ‘better’? Or have we got to a point where ‘as good as it’s going to get’ is available for this much (however much it ends up costing)?

I’m not talking about ‘better’ figures, I’m talking about something being audibly better.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor

Can we be clear on this? Is there actually any point buying anything ‘better’? Or have we got to a point where ‘as good as it’s going to get’ is available for this much (however much it ends up costing)?

I’m not talking about ‘better’ figures, I’m talking about something being audibly better.
Might that even apply to the E30, assuming you don't need balanced outputs?

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Might that even apply to the E30, assuming you don't need balanced outputs?
probably. the dac and headphone amplifier market has become an ergonomics and feature game between topping and smsl now. the transducers are where differentiation happens. hence why the forum is arguing about headphone preference curves and people are hunting for great budget speakers now.

probably. the dac and headphone amplifier market has become an ergonomics and feature game between topping and smsl now. the transducers are where differentiation happens. hence why the forum is arguing about headphone preference curves and people are hunting for great budget speakers now.

Speaker amps are getting closed to being "solved" as well with the latest Hypex and Purifi topologies. I think it's great.

olivier salad

Speaker amps are getting closed to being "solved" as well with the latest Hypex and Purifi topologies. I think it's great.
They're very far from being transparent at regular listening volumes. All those great numbers of THD+N < 0.001 are measured at 5 or 10 or 50 watts where they're super loud but under 1 watt it's much worse.

They're very far from being transparent at regular listening volumes. All those great numbers of THD+N < 0.001 are measured at 5 or 10 or 50 watts where they're super loud but under 1 watt it's much worse.

Not saying they're transparent, but Amir measured the Hypex NC400 and the Purifi 1ET400A to have a THD+N of right around .003% at 100mW. That's pretty durn good. Give them a couple more generations and I bet they'll get even better.

kiyu

Topping D50S costs 250$, D30 Pro should cost less or the same.
no Bluetooth on it and D50S 32/768
vs 32/384
I guess that we would know in some days..

Thalis

I know I won't hear any differences in sound if compared to my E30... or even the Fiio E10k for that matter.......... however...

I would buy this if I:

1. need to scratch the upgrade itch
2. genuinely need balanced outputs
3. am a Topping fanboy
4. a DAC collector

:p

DeepSpace57

I know I won't hear any differences in sound if compared to my E30... or even the Fiio E10k for that matter.......... however...

I would buy this if I:

1. need to scratch the upgrade itch
2. genuinely need balanced outputs
3. am a Topping fanboy
4. a DAC collector

:p

But this is bassy and organic sounding, LoL!

Veri

Master Contributor
Topping D50S costs 250$, D30 Pro should cost less or the same.
no Bluetooth on it and D50S 32/768
vs 32/384
It'll cost more. D30 Pro has quad DAC chips.

Adahn

Seems like they intend to milk this. It's a shame, but typical in this industry.

Just keep in mind this is an arms race and it's escalating. It's a given that the market will be flooded by devices achieving similar or higher performance at lower and lower pricepoints in the coming months. Don't be dragged into overspending. This is pure tech. Always moving forward and getting cheaper.

If they price it stupidly, ignore it and wait a couple months. You'll find better and cheaper alternatives.

DeepSpace57

Sell me some for cheap please!

it must be for around 8.5 USD, Google it LOL. Please tell us how much does the building of such device cost in total, then? Do you really have such a brave to declare?

All here respect the devices that are measured well by Amir, like D30pro. On the other hand, Noone should be judged through ‘weird sentences’ By a manufacturer, I believe. Please, please do not respond to me!!! All can deduce something from what has been meant here on their way. The End!

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
it must be for around 8.5 USD, Google it LOL. Please tell us how much does the building of such device cost in total, then? Do you really have such a brave to declare?

All here respect the devices that are measured well by Amir, like D30pro. On the other hand, Noone should not be judged through ‘weird sentences’ By a manufacturer, I believe. Please, please do not respond to me!!! All can deduce something from what has been meant here on their way. The End!
If that's what you call cheap, you have no means to comment on this matter, I'm afraid.

Top Bottom