• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

novex

If it's a quad dac and 4 analog outputs, does it mean the 4 outputs can be configured as completely independent for input USB stream? (FL, FR, RL, RR)

usern

Quad DAC in this case does not mean that it has 4 analog outputs. Just that outputs from DACs are combined in a way to increase SINAD. But it only has stereo channels (left, right)

novex

Thanks so much usern, maybe you could givve me a pieceof advice what 4-ch external usb hi-res dac available? I need to add it to my car between android headunit and four amplifiers.

MacCali

Major Contributor
Some of us were experiencing an issue when playing 384kHz content, where a pulsating noise I'd describe as static was perceivable on one channel.
Hmmmmm that's what was happening on my unit, but both channels. Highest res I got was 24/192

aandres_gm

Hmmmmm that's what was happening on my unit, but both channels. Highest res I got was 24/192
We only noticed it on 384 content, so I'm not sure what you're experiencing. I posted a recording of the issue some pages back. It will be taken care of with a future fw update, so no issues.

Last edited:

MacCali

Major Contributor
You may regret that if you ever get a power amp down the road. I use my D30 Pro, PRE mode, XLR out directly into XLR of Emotiva XPA-2 gen 2 power amp. It is nothing short of spectacular. Controlling the volume from my easy chair is, well .... easy ;)
That’s why I bought mine, but that static sound worry’s me. I returned my unit. Currently only happens after 4-5 hours of use, but if that sound comes out of the speakers I’m screwed

Reactions: GPJ

MacCali

Major Contributor
Interesting. I've never heard any static after very long sessions. I've had a couple of Topping lemons so I'm not really surprised.

The XPA-2 drives Klipsch RF-7II. The D30 Pro is fed from a Logitech Touch by USB. I stream a bunch of flac and DSF. I do buy through Apos however, so a two year warranty helps to figure out if's going to last. I've had hundreds of electronic devices that I've rarely ever had to use a warranty. It usually works or doesn't in very short order.
Yea I posted about it earlier... it basically does kind of sound like pulsating or static. More like static though, seems like after the unit heats up, prior to that it’s good. Between 4-6 hours of consistent use.

I also don’t let it sit idle powered on, it is in use.

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yea I posted about it earlier... it basically does kind of sound like pulsating or static. More like static though, seems like after the unit heats up, prior to that it’s good. Between 4-6 hours of consistent use.

I also don’t let it sit idle powered on, it is in use.
My D30Pro sounds just as good now after ~16 hours of continuously playing music then it did the first moments I turned it on yesterday.
But then again the highest content I have is 24/96 and >99% is 16/44.1

MacCali

Major Contributor
My D30Pro sounds just as good now after ~16 hours of continuously playing music then it did the first moments I turned it on yesterday.
But then again the highest content I have is 24/96 and >99% is 16/44.1
Hey man some units are duds. Not sure what’s going on, wish I could get to the bottom of it. But after trying multiple sources, ha, and headphones it’s the dac

alek19000

Maybe update the driver ? I have heard the pop/clicks, but it's for a cheap usb cable and a type-c port on Graphic card, which I tested for fun.
When I use a standard cable and usb port on main board , it's fine, no pop/clicks for long run.

Lupin

Hey man some units are duds. Not sure what’s going on, wish I could get to the bottom of it. But after trying multiple sources, ha, and headphones it’s the dac
Could be a dud.
Amir's measurements don't tell everything. ;)

vco1

Would the D30 Pro be a match with a pair of Audiophonics MPA-M400NC? Or would the D90se be a better match?

I don't need MQA or bluetooth, so it's not about the feature set. More about the possibilities to connect a raspberry pi and cd-player to a poweramp and have a remote to control the volume.

aandres_gm

Would the D30 Pro be a match with a pair of Audiophonics MPA-M400NC? Or would the D90se be a better match?

I don't need MQA or bluetooth, so it's not about the feature set. More about the possibilities to connect a raspberry pi and cd-player to a poweramp and have a remote to control the volume.
D30 Pro doesn't play nice with every CD player, so I'd look elsewhere. Probably D10b?

Renaudjuju94

Salut, j'ai essayé avec un vieux coucou cd revox c 221 en coaxial et cela ne fonctionne pas bien ! Plein de coupure ! Pas grave ! Que du bonheur sur d autres
IMG_20210820_013730.jpg
sources

Progronom

Tell me please. After the power loss in the network, and its subsequent restoration, it will turn on itself (with the input and volume level preserved), or do you need to turn it on again from the remote control?

Lupin

Tell me please. After the power loss in the network, and its subsequent restoration, it will turn on itself (with the input and volume level preserved), or do you need to turn it on again from the remote control?
The D30Pro comes with the auto on/off function enabled by default.
So as long as there is a valid input signal the unit should turn itself on again once the power is restored.

I always use the D30Pro in DAC mode, never used it in Pre-AMP mode so I don't know how the D30Pro handles volume control after cycling power.

Blaze_NY

Anyone else experiencing a half second delay on songs? In foobar some tracks begin playing half a second in i'm on the latest driver

Lupin

Anyone else experiencing a half second delay on songs? In foobar some tracks begin playing half a second in i'm on the latest driver
Using MusicBee with WASAPI exclusive mode and can't say I have noticed that issue.

Don't use the latest USB driver though.
I don't have issues with my current USB driver so don't see the point in updating the driver.

Sray

I am on 5.20 driver, playback uses ASIO2 interface, file cache set to 1048576KB (1GB), didn't see the delay.

Top Bottom