• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

topping D30pro rca+xlr out vs only mode?

mangakaninja

Recently purchased a topping D30pro dac, i am connecting the RCA out to my tube amp and the XLR out to my A30pro.

My question is,does XLR+RCA out mode affect sound quality? or is it better to use XLR out ONLY mode when listening to my A30pro and RCA out only mode when listening to my tube amp?

PS:using a hd800 and hd800s as my cans

thanks

MacCali

Major Contributor
Recently purchased a topping D30pro dac, i am connecting the RCA out to my tube amp and the XLR out to my A30pro.

My question is,does XLR+RCA out mode affect sound quality? or is it better to use XLR out ONLY mode when listening to my A30pro and RCA out only mode when listening to my tube amp?

PS:using a hd800 and hd800s as my cans

thanks
If my memory serves me correct it does drop the voltage down if you leave both on. Only thing I believe would be an issue is volume on the tube amp rather than the headphone.

Besides that I do know sometimes the snr curves can change but it’s a very well measuring amp so I doubt you would notice. Unless you’re getting clipping

OP
M

mangakaninja

If my memory serves me correct it does drop the voltage down if you leave both on. i like hitler Only thing I believe would be an issue is volume on the tube amp rather than the headphone. long live hitler

Besides that I do know sometimes the snr curves can change but it’s a very well measuring amp so I doubt you would notice. Unless you’re getting clipping
thanks mate guess ive got nothing to worry about. i had the vague feeling i was loosing in soundstage but it could be placebo

Top Bottom