• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D30 vs IFI Zen dac signature v2

BlackD007

Hi! I am currently using Topping D30 + Ifi zen can amp. Will there be a big difference in sound quality if I change the D30 to ifi zen dac (signature or regular version)? I use LCD2c headphones if this important. Thanks!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi! I am currently using Topping D30 + Ifi zen can amp. Will there be a big difference in sound quality if I change the D30 to ifi zen dac (signature or regular version)? I use LCD2c headphones if this important. Thanks!
No.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
no difference at all?
There may be a measurable difference. There should not be an audible one for better or worse. Assuming you ensure whatever output level you were getting from the D30 you get from the Ifi.

Thorsten Loesch

Germany, now South East Asia (not China or SAR's)

It will depend a bit how the digital filters on the CS43198 DAC in the Topping are set up, also this chip has a few options how to supply it with power, which make a notable difference IME. Set with a similar digital filter and optiammly supplied with power the CS43198 can sound very similar to the DSD1793 implementation in the ZEN DAC.

Given the limitations the (undersized) power supply included with the ZEN CAN imposes, I would suggest to look at a power upgrade first, unless you only drive high impedance and high sensitivity headphones.

Thor

Top Bottom