• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping d30 paired with Magni 3?

I own the Monoprice m1060s and i'm looking at getting a dac and amp. So I have some questions: First, Does the Topping d30 make any loud pops on startup? Second , Does the Magni 3 make any loud pops on startup? And if they do make any pops can you please explain in-detail about them. Third, Would there be anything wrong with pairing a d30 with a Magni 3? Forth, Is there any problems or concerns I should be aware of? Thanks

HAL lives

Does the Magni 3 make any loud pops on startup? Would there be anything wrong with pairing a d30 with a Magni 3?

From the Magni 3 product description: "With its built-in time-delayed start-up and instant shut-down, there’ll be no glitches or pops through either headphones or speakers, either."

As far as running a Magni 3 / D30 combo I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of posts over at Head-Fi that gave that particular pairing a good write-up.

Amir did say he was going to publish a review of the A30 vs Magni 3 "soon;" I'm waiting for that one myself! :)

bakker_be

From the Magni 3 product description: "With its built-in time-delayed start-up and instant shut-down, there’ll be no glitches or pops through either headphones or speakers, either."

As far as running a Magni 3 / D30 combo I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of posts over at Head-Fi that gave that particular pairing a good write-up.

Amir did say he was going to publish a review of the A30 vs Magni 3 "soon;" I'm waiting for that one myself! :)
As I blew all my money on a Focal Elear, budget for a decent headphone amp is rather limited, so this comparison would come in handy :)

Bhargu

I am also in the same situation. I am planning on getting one within the month, but can't decide.

Also, the Topping A50 has also kindled my curiosity. If the A30 measures well, I might try to get more info on it. Till now, all I know is that it will have less than 1 ohm resistance, might have a weaker output than A30 and will come out in Q3 or Q4 of this year.

Top Bottom