• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D30 or SMSL Sanskrit 6

whatdoido

I am currently looking for a DAC to connect a couple of inputs to my amp - looking at the great work posted here by Amir I've narrowed my search to either the Topping D30 and the Sanskrit 6.

In the UK/amazon they are approx £127 and £90 respectively.

I note that a number of reviews reference the D30's results and measurements but not seen a direct comparison between these two. Am I right in understanding that the D30 would be the recommendation of the two?

The DAC would be feeding into my integrated amplifier and then my speakers: DAC input feeds from TV (optical out) which is fed from blueray/sat HDMI and a marantz KI cdp (optical/coax)

Ultimately I would want to compare the sound between the CD-dac-amp VS flac (from same CD)-raspberry pi-IQaudio dac-amp

Thanks

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As you are feeding it into an integrated amp which has its own volume control (and presumably headphone amp, if you need it), you might also consider the Topping D10, which measures about as well as the D30 for less money.

mindbomb

As you are feeding it into an integrated amp which has its own volume control (and presumably headphone amp, if you need it), you might also consider the Topping D10, which measures about as well as the D30 for less money.

he needs spdif inputs.

Top Bottom