• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D30 horrible clicks and pops and distortion only under high cpu/gpu load

Svperstar

So before someone tells me my computer sucks I have used the following DACs with this exact PC and NONE of them have this issue besides the Topping D30:

Dragonfly 1.2
Modi Multibit
Grace Designs SDAC
and finally the integrated audio running to my amp via mini to RCA.

One thing I wish I knew before I bought this DAC is you have to fish around the internet to find proper drivers. I don't know if that is whats causing it.

Basically under heavily load the issue presents itself but not when idling at the desktop or just browsing the web, I'm a huge gamer so this is disappointing.

What is the recommended driver for the D30?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
With Win 10 and Mac, the D30 does not need drivers to function properly.

OP
Svperstar

Svperstar

With Win 10 and Mac, the D30 does not need drivers to function properly.

It does if you wanna use the enhancements tab under volume control

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It does if you wanna use the enhancements tab under volume control
Perhaps you should have said that in the first place. Which enhancement do you want to use?

OP
Svperstar

Svperstar

Perhaps you should have said that in the first place. Which enhancement do you want to use?

I use the built in windows volume equalizer from time to time. There are programs like banana meter that do the same thing but I just prefer the built in Windows compressor over those.

TomB19

I get the same clicks and pops, each time a song ends and then again when the next time starts. I'm running LibreELEC v9.2b1 but 9.0.1 was exactly the same.

It's a deal killer, for me.

OP
Svperstar

Svperstar

I get the same clicks and pops, each time a song ends and then again when the next time starts. I'm running LibreELEC v9.2b1 but 9.0.1 was exactly the same.

It's a deal killer, for me.

Yeah the clicks and pops haven't gone away, I'm just dealing with it for now. I'm debating if I wanna try an SMSL DAC or go crazy to end game stuff like Matrix audio.

OP
Svperstar

Svperstar

I appreciate the link but I already managed to find that driver. What I did was get an iFi iSilencer3.0 USB Audio Noise Eliminator/Suppressor from Amazon. It did not eliminate the problem but it reduced it roughly 80%.

I see Topping has the new T90 with the AKM4499 chip which is tempting, but with the problems I'm having with the D30 and users the DX3 Pro are having I'm kinda weary of buying anything else from Topping again.

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
is your OS fully updated? I believe a comprehensive update for Windows a couple months back introduced audio clicks and pops and the issue was remedied in a subsequent update.

afaic, the solution for this type of issue is almost never another app - such as some third party usb noise silencer. Oh wait, that's not an app it's a device. Yeah, I wouldn't go that route either. This is some sort of OS/driver issue.

OP
Svperstar

Svperstar

is your OS fully updated? I believe a comprehensive update for Windows a couple months back introduced audio clicks and pops and the issue was remedied in a subsequent update.

afaic, the solution for this type of issue is almost never another app - such as some third party usb noise silencer. Oh wait, that's not an app it's a device. Yeah, I wouldn't go that route either. This is some sort of OS/driver issue.

Yeah I am on 1903 its the latest Windows version. The problem only presents itself under high CPU/GPU utilization and only on the D30 none of my other DACS. I used the Grace Designs SDAC for months with no problems.

Top Bottom